VCU Media Mentions

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
Don't really understand the concern here. Who cares? I'm not going to boo Shaka nor will I denigrate another fan if they feel like they want to.

Reactions: SWV
Dec 5, 2013
Agreed. If any fan of VCU basketball has to think twice about giving Shaka a standing O then they don't have much of an understanding of our programs history and what he did to help us get to where we are now
People are how they are, there will be a mix. You can't just No True Scotsman away people's feelings. Especially drunk people!

Reactions: SWV

SZQ VCU

Insider
Dec 5, 2012
We boo when our opponents come in. What's changed?

Also, when is the right time to give him a warm round of applause? I want to make sure I do this right.

Ryduce

Top Member
Jun 21, 2012
You guys are way nicer than I am.

He left VCU and will be wearing Orange and doing hook em horns tomorrow.

I respect what he did here, but that's the past baby, I'd boo em from moment he enters till they are back on the plane.

We need to win tomorrow, you guys need to make the Stu uglyyyyyy.

Jan 1, 2010
You guys are way nicer than I am.

He left VCU and will be wearing Orange and doing hook em horns tomorrow.

I respect what he did here, but that's the past baby, I'd boo em from moment he enters till they are back on the plane.

We need to win tomorrow, you guys need to make the Stu uglyyyyyy.
This question is for you to answer in your head only - no need to reply.

Have you Boo'd every other coach from the moment they walked thru the door?
or is this a Basic Boo Shaka reply.
Do you have kids? Do they play sports? Do you Boo their opposing teams coaches?
Did you play sports in your life? Do you Outwordly Boo your opponents even if they are your friends?

You respect him and what he did but will Boo him because he is entering our building and honoring his commitment.
Just seems a little Petty and disrespectful

The Stu is a Party and is to be made "Motivational" not Ugly and frustrating.
Please Do Not.

Ryduce

Top Member
Jun 21, 2012
This question is for you to answer in your head only - no need to reply.

Have you Boo'd every other coach from the moment they walked thru the door?
or is this a Basic Boo Shaka reply.
Do you have kids? Do they play sports? Do you Boo their opposing teams coaches?
Did you play sports in your life? Do you Outwordly Boo your opponents even if they are your friends?

You respect him and what he did but will Boo him because he is entering our building and honoring his commitment.
Just seems a little Petty and disrespectful

The Stu is a Party and is to be made "Motivational" not Ugly and frustrating.
Please Do Not.
You gonna give our players a hug too if we get stomped tomorrow?

Glad you loving poppas are out there protecting the opposition from "pettyness."

Apr 20, 2009
ooooh this begs for the.....old girlfriend comparison

The woman I used to be married to over 25 years ago left in a way that made me furious (she r-u-n-n o-f-t). I am now married to Mrs. Enonram and wouldn't trade her for any other. Granted, that other woman was someone I very much worshipped the ground she walked on. If she were to walk down my street while I was sitting on the front porch, I wouldn't stand up and applaud. In fact, if she turned up the drive way, I would send out the dog. All the prior is true by the way.

other woman = Shaka
r-u-n-n o-f-t = plane to Texas
Mrs Enonram = Rhoades
front porch = seats in the Stu

I won't golf clap when Grant comes back either and Shaka credits him with establishing the winning culture he inherited.

Last edited: