VCU Media Mentions

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Anytime we step on the court it is fun to watch.
(well, maybe other than that one lose to W&M in the CAA semi's when I almost jumped off the second deck of the coliseum).
agreed....also
Winning is Fun
Dominating the A10 is fun
Being in the A10 Tourney Finals 5 of our 8 years in the A10 is fun
Being in the Big Dance 7 of our 8 years in the A10 is fun
Doing all this while hemorrhaging coaches every couple years...while not fun in retrospect...is fun now with Mike Rhoades at the helm

Also, SI is about as relevant as print news

RAM7889

Top Member
Insider
Apr 20, 2009
I like what Tony Bennett has done at UVA, but the Pack Line Defense is boring. Our D is exciting because we pick up full court and contest everything! I am always got one eye on the shot clock and one on the court when the other team is bringing the ball up the court. Love D that gets 10 second calls! I love players diving on the court for loose balls! Always action! D is fun to watch!!!

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
I like what Tony Bennett has done at UVA, but the Pack Line Defense is boring. Our D is exciting because we pick up full court and contest everything! I am always got one eye on the shot clock and one on the court when the other team is bringing the ball up the court. Love D that gets 10 second calls! I love players diving on the court for loose balls! Always action! D is fun to watch!!!
I'm with ya 1000%.

I guess I find it peculiar to say VCU's brand of basketball wasn't fun last year. We weren't offensive gifted, but we played a style of offense and defense that's entertaining (and sometimes, to fans, cringeworthy). Take Golden State. Say they played the same style but only made half of the shots they do normally. Do they suddenly go from a fun to a boring team?

Reactions: umwram and RAM7889

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Where do National Championships rate, among the list of things you love? Asking for a friend ?

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
Summary:

1. VCU is not fun to watch
2. VCU is unlikely to improve on offense
3. Evans is not an efficient player
4. DJ and IV are too old to improve at the game of basketball
5. Vince had a dissapointing freshman year
6. MSS is limited and needs to shoot a bunch of 3's

I agree with nothing haha
For some strange reason I agree with #1, I just can't figure out what that reason is...

Dec 5, 2013
I'm with ya 1000%.

I guess I find it peculiar to say VCU's brand of basketball wasn't fun last year. We weren't offensive gifted, but we played a style of offense and defense that's entertaining (and sometimes, to fans, cringeworthy). Take Golden State. Say they played the same style but only made half of the shots they do normally. Do they suddenly go from a fun to a boring team?
I love watching the Rams play and find it fun watching them defend both in the full court and half court.

HOWEVER, I don't think it's unfair to say that a defensive stop/steal that leads to a coast to coast dunk or 3 point dagger is more fun than watching the same steal leading to a brick or turnover. The latter happened a little more often last year than in years previous, or at least seemed to, in my completely unreliable memory.

Having said that, more attempts means more chances for bricks so I'm not sure. Would comparing points off turnovers from previous years make sense? Or points off turnovers as a % of total points scored? I dunno. Math is hard.

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011

6. LSU vs. VCU (Nov. 13)
I expect to see great backcourt matchups in this game; however, Javonte Smart and Skylar Mays will be too much for the guards of VCU.

Winner: LSU

VCU returns basically everyone from a 25-8 team and LSU loses 3 of their best players, but sure, LSU is definitely the favorite AT VCU.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

6. LSU vs. VCU (Nov. 13)
I expect to see great backcourt matchups in this game; however, Javonte Smart and Skylar Mays will be too much for the guards of VCU.

VCU returns basically everyone from a 25-8 team and LSU loses 3 of their best players, but sure, LSU is definitely the favorite AT VCU.
Speaking of LSU.......I was at the Camel before the exhibition game and a VCU fan that I met handed me some cash :lol:

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015

6. LSU vs. VCU (Nov. 13)

To add a bit of salt, right above that the author picks liberty to win at LSU.

• Angry
Reactions: 757RamFan