VCU Media Mentions

TAEKWONDO

Insider
May 22, 2019
I've been around college basketball for over fifty years, and there is nothing Mid-Major about VCU basketball. VCU nationally is a Major basketball program, not Mid-Major. Watching numerous so called Major basketball programs this week, and few have the overall atmosphere, basketball environment, that VCU , or a fellow A-10 school Dayton has!

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
I've been around college basketball for over fifty years, and there is nothing Mid-Major about VCU basketball. VCU nationally is a Major basketball program, not Mid-Major. Watching numerous so called Major basketball programs this week, and few have the overall atmosphere, basketball environment, that VCU , or a fellow A-10 school Dayton has!
I think it's safe to say that we all know this, but the hemophiliac blue bloods thrive on feeling 'better-than'. Which is often a blessing when their fans, who lack the savvy to understand, lose their minds at a their team losing to someone they feel better than.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Florida Gulf Coast at No. 21 VCU (-22), 7 p.m. (ESPN+): I love watching VCU play. The Rams are playing their usual frenetic, lockdown D (19th in the country in efficiency, seventh in steals percentage, eighth in block percentage), and they spread the wealth on offense. (Their top four scorers are averaging between 9 and 13 points per game.) This team only knows how to play one style, so a letdown is not likely against any opponent. It’s hard to see FGCU putting up a lot of resistance given that the Eagles are 1-4 with their only win coming on a buzzer-beating layup at home against Florida Atlantic. The pick: VCU

A little love from Seth, which is not all that frequent

Reactions: HBK

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Looks like the spot was due to Xavier dropping after their loss to Florida. No major happenings to help the climb. LSU holding on against Utah State would have helped with movement this week but they fell apart.
Was pulling for both Frank and “The Mean Green” only to be disappointed. It’s ok because just having a shot at the upset is what’s so great about college b-ball.