VCU Media Mentions

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014

33. VCU (NR): The Rams are going to chase Dayton throughout the A-10 and likely be an NCAA tournament team.
We're not going to be chasing anyone. Not gonna happen. The real season is here. Let's see how Obi handles MSS. Gonna be a war and I'll go with the brick wall.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Did anyone listen? I have noticed the "HUNT" warm up shirts are now "Burn the Boats" shirts. Greg mentioned it in his interview. I need to research it but it has been mentioned in the Art of War. In history captains gave orders for their men to burn the boats. I think it has to do with there is no retreat if you burn your escape route. Now I will go to do some research on this subject. After I burn my boat of course.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Did anyone listen? I have noticed the "HUNT" warm up shirts are now "Burn the Boats" shirts. Greg mentioned it in his interview. I need to research it but it has been mentioned in the Art of War. In history captains gave orders for their men to burn the boats. I think it has to do with there is no retreat if you burn your escape route. Now I will go to do some research on this subject. After I burn my boat of course.
That's the idea - forward is the only option, no retreat. I like it as motivation.

It had ... mixed... results historically, though.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
That's the idea - forward is the only option, no retreat. I like it as motivation.

It had ... mixed... results historically, though.
I imagine it did especially if you get off the boat, burn it and look up to see nothing but thousands of swords and muskets.

Reactions: mrgeode

DNB

Top Member
Dec 6, 2013
Cortes did this to his ships before fighting the Aztecs.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Sooooooooooo

Anybody want to post highlights from today's "What to Expect From VCU" article on The Athletic?