VCU Media Mentions

Jul 14, 2011
He did? I thought that he turned down UMass.
UMASS is the only one that I can remember him turning down. I hate to say it but that could be a good opportunity for him. He has weathered to successful coaching searches and kept the program mostly afloat. BC would give him the chance to turn a program around and bring them back to glory.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
UMASS is the only one that I can remember him turning down. I hate to say it but that could be a good opportunity for him. He has weathered to successful coaching searches and kept the program mostly afloat. BC would give him the chance to turn a program around and bring them back to glory.
He really didn't have to do very much on both men's basketball coaching searches. Both Wade and Rhoades were basically "insiders" regarding the VCU basketball program. All he had to do was tap into the Shaka coaching tree both times. It would be interesting to see how he handles a coaching search, like BC, that doesn't have a coaching tree readily available to him.

Jul 14, 2011
He really didn't have to do very much on both men's basketball coaching searches. Both Wade and Rhoades were basically "insiders" regarding the VCU basketball program. All he had to do was tap into the Shaka coaching tree both times. It would be interesting to see how he handles a coaching search, like BC, that doesn't have a coaching tree readily available to him.
You definitely have a point with that. I think from the outside it looks really successful though. Especially with the quickness which was helpful in keeping the recruits on board with Rhoades.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
You definitely have a point with that. I think from the outside it looks really successful though. Especially with the quickness which was helpful in keeping the recruits on board with Rhoades.
A lot of Wade's recruits de-committed when Rhoades came on board. The only ones to stay were MSS and Mobley.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012

Not bball related but fun read on the student paper. If you're on social media, definitely give them a follow. They have solid sports coverage as well.

Reactions: N Mollen and Beirne

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
The last time the BC AD job was open, about 3 years ago, Ed was apparently on a list of candidates compiled by BC and the search firm they were using. Ed withdrew from consideration after a discussion with BC. Thus, he neither turned down the job nor was offered the job.

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2