VCU Media Mentions

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Here is the article that Wayne said he would forward when I was talking to him.
Seems like Ed is still vague regarding the stadium location in the article. He definitely did not commit to the stadium being constructed on the opposite side of Hermitage Road.

The other thing that I find strange is why is John O'Connor writing an article about the VCU Athletics Village versus Wayne Epps? Wayne is the VCU beat writer and should be closer to the project than O'Connor.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Seems like Ed is still vague regarding the stadium location in the article. He definitely did not commit to the stadium being constructed on the opposite side of Hermitage Road.

The other thing that I find strange is why is John O'Connor writing an article about the VCU Athletics Village versus Wayne Epps? Wayne is the VCU beat writer and should be closer to the project than O'Connor.
The R-TD is furloughing staff for periods of time so Wayne forwarded the information.

• Wow
Reactions: MobileMunchies

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009

Furlough

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
#8 in the "biggest losers" category
8) VCU – Mike Rhoades lost big man Marcus Santos-Silva, his leading scorer and rebounder, to Texas Tech. Santos-Silva averaged 12.8 points and 8.9 boards this past season.
Interesting list...8 of the 12 listed are in the mid-major or lower category.....article specifically mentions Ivy and MAAC being gutted in particular...

Of the Majors on the list...GTown and St Johns have been a mess more often than not of late, Florida and Purdue should bounce back quickly.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
#8 in the "biggest losers" category
8) VCU – Mike Rhoades lost big man Marcus Santos-Silva, his leading scorer and rebounder, to Texas Tech. Santos-Silva averaged 12.8 points and 8.9 boards this past season.
and no...not all publicity is good.
social unrest...killer virus...down year for VCU hoops (or maybe no year)...
Make mine a double

Last edited: