VCU Media Mentions

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
Did you get the new shingles vaccine (Shingrix) or the old one?
I got the Shingrix vaccine a few months ago, second shot.... wow, felt like I got hit by a bus after no reaction to first shot. Woke up at 11pm the day after I had the shot and just knew for sure it was covid. I admit, scared the crap out of me. But fever broke within a few hours and the next day felt drained.

TDXRamsFan

Top Member
Apr 3, 2012
I got the Shingrix vaccine a few months ago, second shot.... wow, felt like I got hit by a bus after no reaction to first shot. Woke up at 11pm the day after I had the shot and just knew for sure it was covid. I admit, scared the crap out of me. But fever broke within a few hours and the next day felt drained.
Got the 2nd shingrix in April 2020. Same experience as you. Thought for sure I had brought the ‘rona into my home.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

rammed

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I got the two Shingrix shots last fall. I didn’t have any negative side effects other than a little soreness at the site of the injection. Guess I was lucky.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
No side effects from the shingles shots or the Pfizer shots. I highly recommend both.
My second Covid vaccine is on April 20th. Unfortunately for me, rather than the shingles vaccine, I got shingles back at the beginning of Dec. I still have numb areas and discolored tissue across my left chest, under my arm and part of my back. That is one really painful freakin disease!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Pfizer #2 yesterday morning. No noticeable side effects other than what feels like a mild bruise at the injection site. My wife got a J&J shot two weeks ago and felt awful for a few days, feverish and exhausted. A friend got one the same day and had the same experience. I was initially hoping for J&J to be one and done, but maybe two shots is the way to go.

As for shingles, I was lucky enough to have it at 30. Not much fun, but apparently it's not as bad if you have it when you're younger. It wasn't close to a kidney stone (27) or breaking my femur (10). I'd still prefer not to go for round two, though.

VCU94MCV98

Top Member
Mar 27, 2011
This thread is great! I come here to read about the Rams, but I usually have to go slumming over at the fur board to read about colonoscopies, vaccine reactions, which brand of prune juice is most effective, and other medical issues. Now, I have everything I need all in one place. Thanks Ramnation!

Last edited:

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
This thread is great! I come here to read about the Rams, but I usually have to go slumming over at the fur board to read about colonoscopies, vaccine reactions, which brand of prune juice is most effective, and other medical issues. Now, I have everything I need all in one place. Thanks Ramnation!

*This bonus content is brought to you by the 2021 offseason. For year-round updates please visit https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/forums/ur-basketball-board.16/

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Yup. I had a similar experience with that one, but it was pre-Covid.

Major Ram 2.0

Top Member
Aug 13, 2018
Had the J&J. Felt fine for 30 hrs then felt a little funky for about an hour then felt fine. Mild tenderness on arm Very fortunate