VCU Media Mentions

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Can’t tell you how many times as I listened to Terry (was the only option we had back in the Stone Age) I wanted to reach thru the radio and strangle him for the “brother, brother, brother”. Always hoped he’d be more of a homer most other school broadcast announcers were 😄. He could be such a downer at times. But was really loyal to our school.

Apr 21, 2009
Bob Black is such a sycophant. He discredits himself to his listeners with his transparent boot-licking of a program in decline. He clearly does not feel the need to maintain his integrity in the community, which is a shame. It must be sad for his family to listen him, having been debased and disgraced.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Bob Black is such a sycophant. He discredits himself to his listeners with his transparent boot-licking of a program in decline. He clearly does not feel the need to maintain his integrity in the community, which is a shame. It must be sad for his family to listen him, having been debased and disgraced.
Take my money...wear my brand

Reactions: Bridgewater83

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Terry was awesome, RIP, and I’m so glad he got to call the Maynor shot vs Duke before his passing. I was too young to actually know him, but he seemed like he loved VCU.

Robby is awesome too and one of the most genuine people I’ve ever met in the VCU Athletic Dept. As a huge baseball fan, I’ve talked to him at The Diamond for an hour + about the game. He’s always positive on social media and he absolutely loves his job.

VCU was blessed to have T-Man all those years and Robby was a SLAM DUNK hire to replace him.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Terry was awesome, RIP, and I’m so glad he got to call the Maynor shot vs Duke before his passing. I was too young to actually know him, but he seemed like he loved VCU.

Robby is awesome too and one of the most genuine people I’ve ever met in the VCU Athletic Dept. As a huge baseball fan, I’ve talked to him at The Diamond for an hour + about the game. He’s always positive on social media and he absolutely loves his job.

VCU was blessed to have T-Man all those years and Robby was a SLAM DUNK hire to replace him.
Robby is good people
And that matters

Apr 21, 2009
Take my money...wear my brand

Yes, I am happy for him to wear the brand (sweater?) and call the games but as a media member who has a sports show, I find it greasy that he shills for mediocrity and pushes false narratives. People who sacrifice their integrity and decency for money should be called out for being the corporate prostitutes they are. The problem is that he does it so sadly and transparently. At his age, he should be thinking of his legacy after he is gone- and the legacy his family will be forced to bear when he is dust. If Mooney doesn't turn it around, and has to be fired, Black will be viewed as simple, small man who allowed his personal financial relationships to cloud his judgement and sense of truth. I would rather die a nameless pauper than bear such a moniker.

• Haha
Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride