VCU Media Mentions

VCUBeatsduke

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Everyone loves Robby - no question. But one of the greatest VCU calls was by Terry. “Bo Jones, Bo Jones, Bo Jones!” He was hosting Sports radio one day and had the former coach from UR football Jim Reid on and I called and asked him to replay that call - Terry would not do it. Jim Reid went on for like 5 full minutes and said he had never heard a better call than Terry’s for that game and he pleaded for him to play it. Terry said he memorialize it on tape and it went to his safe deposit box. I was at the game - that was crazy! God bless Terry - a true Ram in every way!

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bob Black is such a sycophant. He discredits himself to his listeners with his transparent boot-licking of a program in decline. He clearly does not feel the need to maintain his integrity in the community, which is a shame. It must be sad for his family to listen him, having been debased and disgraced.
I have to stand up for Bob Black. Back in the stone ages I worked as a weekend news anchor at the Virginia News Network, a statewide radio network. Bob Black frequently worked sports shifts while I was on my news shift. He was a very genuine guy who was always kind and helpful to a young news guy like me. I can't say anything bad about him at all. The fact is that he works for UR. What's he supposed to do if he wants to keep that job?

Side note: At the same time that I worked with Bob Black at VNN, I also worked an occasional shift with Terry Sisisky. Kind of weird that I worked with both of them.

Apr 21, 2009
I don't begrudge the man his position, but when he trades on that position in the public eye, he should be judged on the rightousness of that position. Having the integrity to face facts and base ones principles upon those facts has been eroding in this Commonwealth since title 8 abolished dueling within its borders. He may have been a genuine man then, but his soul is stripped bare when he pushes false narratives that even Ray Charles could see through.

Nov 20, 2009
I don't begrudge the man his position, but when he trades on that position in the public eye, he should be judged on the rightousness of that position. Having the integrity to face facts and base ones principles upon those facts has been eroding in this Commonwealth since title 8 abolished dueling within its borders. He may have been a genuine man the an, but his soul is stripped bare when he pushes false narratives that even Ray Charles could see through.
What is he suppose to do? He's paid to promote their athletics. It's called being a homer. If you want to talk about a real lack of integrity, facts, principles, then look no further than at some of our politicians who are pushing false narratives about things that DO matter. What Bob's doing is no comparison. Why the over the top attitude towards him?

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
No, no, no, no. Banks is going to start. Jamir is going to start. (Of course my absolute confidence in these predictions almost certainly ensures they are wrong)
I think this is actually probably right, but with Jamir coming in for Levi early (but at the three and Vince moves to the four). Josh is the real sixth man, although technically second off the bench.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Way too early projection. Levi start the season as a starter but ends the season coming off the bench averaging 4 less min per gam in Feb than in November