VCU Media Mentions

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
What does emergency use authorization have to do with "can't" ask? Sure you can ask and you can ask for proof.....no law against it.....well except in FL where the wacky governor banned asking.
At one point I read the reason why proof is required for other vaccines but not COVID; the eua designation. Phone googling, I can’t find that in any recent articles (been focusing on HR related stuff). And yeah what you said- employers can ask, and require non vaxed people to follow different guidelines*

*also what you said, offer not valid in FL the land of InSantis.

We’ve got a couple spare rooms, your own full bath (with his and her sinks!) and driveway space if you want to get away for a while. ‘Course you’d have to put up with me and Mrs 74 so don’t know if it would be worth it or not 😂😂

Steve Roadcap

Top Member
Oct 18, 2015
Down here in Florida, USF requires that you show proof of childhood vaccinations........but are banned from asking about proof for covid vaccinations. Absolutely no logic or rationality to that concept.
For the state of Florida their position is very logical. Their standard of being logically is not to be logical.

Reactions: rammad90

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
I’m curious about the “guidance” that requires students to be vaxed ( with exceptions) while not requiring staff the same of staff. Only thing I can think of is playing a numbers game but still dumb to me.
You don't have thousands of faculty and staff all eating together, living in dorms , comingling and partying likes it's 1999

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
@BradRamFan is not a true Floridian. Dont listen to him.
Sometimes you need someone from the outside looking in to see the truth :) Plus the state hasn't sent me my rose colored glasses yet. I think they are just waiting until August when I burst into flames from the heat and then they'll say.....looks all rosy to me! :)
Actually, it hasn't really gotten too hot down here yet and it's already June....mostly mid to upper 80's only. But the humidity hit this month and it's sticking around 24/7. So I figure I have to just endure 3 1/2 months of heat torture from July through mid October. July 29th will be my one year anniversary in Fl.....it's been great, even with everything shut down because of covid. Beats WV any day of the week.

Last edited:
Reactions: rammad90

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Sometimes you need someone from the outside looking in to see the truth :) Plus the state hasn't sent me my rose colored glasses yet. I think they are just waiting until August when I burst into flames from the heat and then they'll say.....looks all rosy to me! :)
Actually, it hasn't really gotten too hot down here yet and it's already June....mostly mid to upper 80's only. But the humidity hit this month and it's sticking around 24/7. So I figure I have to just endure 3 1/2 months of heat torture from July through mid October. July 29th will be my one year anniversary in Fl.....it's been great, even with everything shut down because of covid. Beats WV any day of the week.
I am feeling the same about GA. Lock down has been cool. Not sure if I will stay much longer.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

Great article about Gonzaga's emergence as a top program

The question: "Apart from the Zags, Name a school in the next tier of schools - A10, MVC, Mountain West and WCC whose ability to attract recruits and transfers and deserves credit.

Medcalf: Since Anthony Grant's first season at VCU in 2006-07, the Rams have finished a season as a top-60 program, per KenPom, a dozen times. It's easy to credit Shaka Smart's fruitful run for the bulk of that success but the truth is four different VCU coaches all have teams on that top-60 list. That's a healthy sign that the program itself -- not just a coach -- is playing a key role in attracting talent. VCU has also been able to mold so many players within that stretch, such as Eric Maynor, Larry Sanders, Mo Alie-Cox and now Nah'Shon Hyland. The school has a strong brand and, over time, it has continued to excel at identifying players who blossom into key contributors. That's not easy to do.".

Funny to see him mention Cox over so many other great players who had stints in the NBA.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011

Great article about Gonzaga's emergence as a top program

The question: "Apart from the Zags, Name a school in the next tier of schools - A10, MVC, Mountain West and WCC whose ability to attract recruits and transfers and deserves credit.

Medcalf: Since Anthony Grant's first season at VCU in 2006-07, the Rams have finished a season as a top-60 program, per KenPom, a dozen times. It's easy to credit Shaka Smart's fruitful run for the bulk of that success but the truth is four different VCU coaches all have teams on that top-60 list. That's a healthy sign that the program itself -- not just a coach -- is playing a key role in attracting talent. VCU has also been able to mold so many players within that stretch, such as Eric Maynor, Larry Sanders, Mo Alie-Cox and now Nah'Shon Hyland. The school has a strong brand and, over time, it has continued to excel at identifying players who blossom into key contributors. That's not easy to do.".

Funny to see him mention Cox over so many other great players who had stints in the NBA.
To be fair, college basketball players having successful NFL careers are very rare. Mo is perfectly fine being on that list.

Dec 2, 2012
https://richmond.com/sports/college...c9f90cb.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

So if you don't subscribe I'll fill you in. the writer asks what would have put in a time capsule under The Diamond in 1984.

They mention VCU winning the Sunbelt.

Didn't VCU have a chain or lunch bucket or hard hat or some blue collar icon they kept around at this time?

Something that would have been a good thing to put in the time capsule in 1984?

My guess: JD barnett's bole of Pepto Bismol.