VCU Media Mentions

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Great news. Now 3-7 years to build out the new facility. And hopefully, behind the scenes they can work on a new basketball arena although not sure where they would put it or close marshall, buy out the block between norton and harrison (seems unlikely), rebuild a bigger 10-12,000 seat arena while playing for a year during the build out at the Green facility in Hanover.

JDI

Insider
Great news. Now 3-7 years to build out the new facility. And hopefully, behind the scenes they can work on a new basketball arena although not sure where they would put it or close marshall, buy out the block between norton and harrison (seems unlikely), rebuild a bigger 10-12,000 seat arena while playing for a year during the build out at the Green facility in Hanover.
You need to up your financial support.😁

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Below is a link to Dick Sander's podcast interview with Shaka Smart. It's a 45 minute interview, but it is awesome with some interesting stories about Shaka's time at VCU. This is a new podcast being started by Dick Sander. Below is a quote from Dick regarding his new podcast.

"I have started my new podcast titled "Pick and Roll w/Doc" where I am going to speak with college basketball coaches about coaching, leadership, their careers and issues that they deal with on a daily basis. There are a lot of interesting behind the scenes stories. I will post a new podcast every week. The first podcast is with former VCU, University of Texas and current Marquette Head Coach Shaka Smart. I hope you listen, share the podcast and subscribe."

1655222129719.png

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://youtube.com/watch?v=PcsPzHZkASM&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1vInKSjDMt5HAnKrjB8alp2pi215YfSK2FeXL8VU0Ltz_SyiFveIIFKZg&h=AT1jqSGs1ZHQ1pTnQhtvWafQ7tLNCQDKHTGW9CJsbul-oBG2tTVr5CXZZc6BUKk96hTtIXnFQSTDEoIwhzZYqgbUhoucNWPmE6gSAuBg7aM-4fppyRasNvmxwqH3bOeJxL-N5ydREmqHhYyEoIKO&__tn__=,mH-R&c[0]=AT0Y71n0_FAn3SnmxtQvVVkzVcduTSEoqfG2ElpyjN1B0Fbecq_1cB0Ehfb622IBN75NP8077nRvZ9hXv3-0wd5cP9pPrnMYE_X6av4HCSB9pwritKSzg76gepyXquoKTdZ5CSQ2JpqiOI5SYEcx3A2mNLHiiGGxgwtypJ3OeuRZG9N0nbQoDA

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Below is a link to Dick Sander's podcast interview with Shaka Smart. It's a 45 minute interview, but it is awesome with some interesting stories about Shaka's time at VCU. This is a new podcast being started by Dick Sander. Below is a quote from Dick regarding his new podcast.

"I have started my new podcast titled "Pick and Roll w/Doc" where I am going to speak with college basketball coaches about coaching, leadership, their careers and issues that they deal with on a daily basis. There are a lot of interesting behind the scenes stories. I will post a new podcast every week. The first podcast is with former VCU, University of Texas and current Marquette Head Coach Shaka Smart. I hope you listen, share the podcast and subscribe."

View attachment 11202

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://youtube.com/watch?v=PcsPzHZkASM&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1vInKSjDMt5HAnKrjB8alp2pi215YfSK2FeXL8VU0Ltz_SyiFveIIFKZg&h=AT1jqSGs1ZHQ1pTnQhtvWafQ7tLNCQDKHTGW9CJsbul-oBG2tTVr5CXZZc6BUKk96hTtIXnFQSTDEoIwhzZYqgbUhoucNWPmE6gSAuBg7aM-4fppyRasNvmxwqH3bOeJxL-N5ydREmqHhYyEoIKO&__tn__=,mH-R&c[0]=AT0Y71n0_FAn3SnmxtQvVVkzVcduTSEoqfG2ElpyjN1B0Fbecq_1cB0Ehfb622IBN75NP8077nRvZ9hXv3-0wd5cP9pPrnMYE_X6av4HCSB9pwritKSzg76gepyXquoKTdZ5CSQ2JpqiOI5SYEcx3A2mNLHiiGGxgwtypJ3OeuRZG9N0nbQoDA
Thanks! I enjoyed that.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
So slamming beers got Joey back...always good to have a beer or three

Lot's of great stories in that interview! How they did one-on-one sessions with Troy Daniels after every practice his first two years. How Brad Burgess tried to sabotage practices Shaka's first year. The Joey story. The Bri story. Good stuff!!!

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Lot's of great stories in that interview! How they did one-on-one sessions with Troy Daniels after every practice his first two years. How Brad Burgess tried to sabotage practices Shaka's first year. The Joey story. The Bri story. Good stuff!!!
It was a great interview, really tied together the “modern era” of VCU basketball with talk about Anthony Grant and Mike Rhoades plus all those great stories from Shaka’s own era.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
My guess is it was Will Wade that basically told Mike Rhoades he was crazy to take a chance on Briante Webber. :roll: So glad Shaka trusted Mike on bringing Bri to VCU. The rest is history.
Wade is big on numbers and he probably didn’t think Briante had enough stars. Thankfully for us Smart and Rhoades didn’t listen to him.

Ramwitch

Elite Member
My guess is it was Will Wade that basically told Mike Rhoades he was crazy to take a chance on Briante Webber. :roll: So glad Shaka trusted Mike on bringing Bri to VCU. The rest is history.
Any idea who the guard Briante played 1v1 with was?

duncanlamb

Elite Member

Mike Rhoades brought Darius Theus, Treveon Graham and Mo-alie Cox.