VCU Media Mentions

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
Within a week of taking the VCU job Shaka brought some of his players to visit kids in the VCU PICU. When he walked through the door I was the first person to greet him and as I shook his hand I could feel the energy in his body. That was something I’ll never forget.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Within a week of taking the VCU job Shaka brought some of his players to visit kids in the VCU PICU. When he walked through the door I was the first person to greet him and as I shook his hand I could feel the energy in his body. That was something I’ll never forget.
After the Final Four run I volunteered at a FIRST Robotics event at the Siegel Center and some of the kids ran into Shaka when they were waiting for the elevator. Shaka had to run to the locker room for a moment but he was nice enough to come back and sign autographs and take pictures with the kids. That was the first time I met him and it left a lasting impression.

219695_955834677736_609767_o.jpg

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Yeah, there are some people who just walk into a room and it changes the room. You don't even have to see them come in, you just know by the energy something's different.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Below is a link to another great interview by Doc Sander. This time with Jeff Capel. Lot's of great VCU stories from Jeff's time at VCU and a very honest perspective regarding coaching today, dealing with NIL and the transfer portal and players in general.

"Our second podcast. All #VCU #Duke #Pittpanthers and #Oklahoma Fans and basketball fans in general will love this podcast with Jeff Capel. Plus it is good for anyone in a leadership roll. Great stories plus real insight into being a basketball coach and player at the highest level. Please like, share and subscribe that Pick and Roll w/Doc."

1655737736153.png

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Below is a link to another great interview by Doc Sander. This time with Jeff Capel. Lot's of great VCU stories from Jeff's time at VCU and a very honest perspective regarding coaching today, dealing with NIL and the transfer portal and players in general.

"Our second podcast. All #VCU #Duke #Pittpanthers and #Oklahoma Fans and basketball fans in general will love this podcast with Jeff Capel. Plus it is good for anyone in a leadership roll. Great stories plus real insight into being a basketball coach and player at the highest level. Please like, share and subscribe that Pick and Roll w/Doc."

View attachment 11227

Doc is knocking these out of the park, I’ll have to give this one a listen!

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

View attachment 11227

Another great podcast with Doc. I loved the talk about Jesse Pellot-Rosa. I have known Jesse since he was in middle school so I am biased BUT Jesse really was special. Loved to hear about Coach Capel's thoughts on him as a player and teammate.

SteveMM

Elite Member

View attachment 11227

I wish they'd release an audio version of these interviews. I like to listen to podcasts in the car but I'm not going to sit and watch a video for an hour. Yes, I realize I can pull up the YouTube video and just listen, but it would be easier if they published on Apple Podcasts or some other podcast site.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I wish they'd release an audio version of these interviews. I like to listen to podcasts in the car but I'm not going to sit and watch a video for an hour. Yes, I realize I can pull up the YouTube video and just listen, but it would be easier if they published on Apple Podcasts or some other podcast site.
I saw your comment on the YouTube video, I poked the production team on Twitter to see if they can do that as well.

SteveMM

Elite Member
I saw your comment on the YouTube video, I poked the production team on Twitter to see if they can do that as well.
Thanks. I haven't watched a full episode yet, but from what I did see, there's no real benefit to actually seeing Doc and his guest and you wouldn't lose anything by turning this into audio-only.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Thanks. I haven't watched a full episode yet, but from what I did see, there's no real benefit to actually seeing Doc and his guest and you wouldn't lose anything by turning this into audio-only.
You'd be right, it's just the two of them talking. There's no other clips or anything, so you don't need to see the video.