VCU Media Mentions

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Hard to argue that SLU and Dayton will be the heavy favorites. I hope we gel and surprise. If we do not finish top 4 I think we need to start taking a look at the coaching/support areas (not necessarily MR). With all the talent we supposedly bring in I am a bit concerned that we keep getting leap frogged by other teams.
Honestly SLU and Dayton will be the teams to beat. SLU has Collins and Perkins returning and Dayton returns basically everyone from one of the best squads of freshmen in the nation. I think we can compete with them for a title but it really depends on how well this team gels early on. I think some of the things they’re doing off the court (like attending the Loveday games together) are really good for chemistry.

Ramdog

Elite Member
We can beat both Dayton and SLU. I say we are top 2. I am predicting big things from the Michigan guys as well.
Hope your right..but they would have to triple their output on the offense end to make an impact.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Hope your right..but they would have to triple their output on the offense end to make an impact.
The only real fall off we may have is replacing Vince. We have plenty of guys who can pick up the slack. I also think our front court will be better this year than last. Ace and Nunn are dynamic.

Ramdog

Elite Member
The only real fall off we may have is replacing Vince. We have plenty of guys who can pick up the slack. I also think our front court will be better this year than last. Ace and Nunn are dynamic.
Back court is solid....no worries there

BradRamFan

Elite Member

Tom Gola 2.0 @PHIndependent

A10 2022-2023 Tier Rankings:
Tier 1 Saint Louis Dayton
Tier 2 VCU Loyola Chicago
Tier 3 George Mason Richmond Davidson Rhode Island
Tier 4 UMass St. Bonaventure Fordham La Salle
Tier 5 Saint Joe's George Washington Duquesne
Again the lusty, lusty love for SLU is perplexing.
I supposed they figure if they keep on lusting after SLU, year after year after year......one of the years SLU might actually do something.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
We can beat both Dayton and SLU. I say we are top 2. I am predicting big things from the Michigan guys as well.
Have you or anyone really heard anything about the michigan guys lately. I know Johns is just showing up/just got here/is coming soon so there is not a lot to say and MR has said a bit but that was before he's gotten on campus and started working out. I've heard MR in several interviews over the last month talking about recruits in incoming players but has said almost nothing about Zeb.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Let’s not sleep on the benefit of off-season chemistry. JNunn and Ace had zero minutes of off-season time together before last season and very little in advance of playing together, plus JNunn had to change roles mid-stream. This season, Ace, Zeb and JNunn will have plenty of time together in the off-season and hopefully Jamir get’s enrolled soon. If those four get any type of chemistry going early, that could be a lethal line-up with some combination of DeLoach, Johns & Fermin as a big—then we can also go big with a rotation among the smaller guys. It will be interesting to see how the staff plays match-ups, this is as versatile a line-up on both ends, as I’ve seen anywhere.
I’m very confused by this bolded part. Why is Jamir not enrolled?

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I wonder about the line-up. He has Jackson in there as a wing which could happen. Zeb is listed at 6'5 but plays more like a guard. He also has Johns in the starting line-up although I see DeLoach starting.
I think we'll see this starting lineup to begin the season:

Ace
Jayden
Jamir
JJ
Brandon

We could go with a 4 out look by playing Jamir at the 4 and Zeb at the 3 but I don't think we start the season (or most games) with it.

Sethjax

Elite Member
Feels like we are legit 12 deep in guys who will see significant minutes...which means you'll be seeing a lot of 5 man substitutions....which can be good to have guys going hard for their stretch of time....but annoying if it seems like guys are in a groove and then going to the bench.