I was thinking the same thing based on social media posts that were posted from Philly by a VCU administrator. It was not a good look for the athletic department at the time.
That all depends, If they went to Pat's or Sonney's. It's a really bad look if they ordered it with lettuce, tomato, mayo....
:D

SteveMM

Elite Member
That all depends, If they went to Pat's or Sonney's. It's a really bad look if they ordered it with lettuce, tomato, mayo....
:D
So, you're a Gino's guy? Everyone in my family except for me is from the Philly area. When my mother and I go out for what passes for a cheesesteak in the RVA she always gives me a dirty look when I want mayo on mine. She does this while pouring ketchup onto hers and wishing she had some cheese whiz.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
So, you're a Gino's guy? Everyone in my family except for me is from the Philly area. When my mother and I go out for what passes for a cheesesteak in the RVA she always gives me a dirty look when I want mayo on mine. She does this while pouring ketchup onto hers and wishing she had some cheese whiz.
Begs the question—what passes as a cheesesteak in RVA?

I can say with great confidence, such a thing does not exist in the DFW metroplex.....a guy name ‘Big Tony’ tries, but while the effort is appreciated, the end results would only appeal to GMU fan—mediocre on a good day.

It’s a sad situation.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider

I can say with great confidence, such a thing does not exist in the DFW metroplex.....a guy name ‘Big Tony’ tries, but while the effort is appreciated, the end results would only appeal to GMU fan—mediocre on a good day.

It’s a sad situation.
I bet Ed knows.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

It’s a sad situation.
There is a old dirty looking gas station on Quioccasin Road that has a sign out front that says, Richmond’s Best Cheesesteak. One day I am going in there.

I have relatives in Philly so I have tried a bunch. To me you can’t go wrong with Jim's, Dalessandro’s, Chubby’s or Larry’s.

Last edited:

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
John's Roast Pork. I mean, if you're going to do it do it right

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
If you want authentic, you have to accept the cheese wiz, just eat it before it turns to rubber.

DNB

Elite Member
There is a old dirty looking gas station on Quioccasin Road that has a sign out front that says, Richmond’s Best Cheesesteak. One day I am going in there.

I have relatives in Philly so I have tried a bunch. To me you can’t go wrong with Pat’s, Dalessandro’s, Chubby’s or Larry’s.
Tony Lukes and Jims

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Tony Lukes and Jims
Hey! You caught my mistake. I should be whipped. I mean Jim's not Pat's. Sheesh. Pat's and Geno's are on South Street and not on my good list. My mistake.

Reactions: DNB

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member

It’s a sad situation.
There are a few OK spots. None of them hold a candle the dearly departed Mojo's Phila-Deli, which was the actual best.