Recruiting VCU Prospect Summer Campus Visit Schedule

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
That's funny MM. But think about it. I think everyone we sign had official visits. Maybe we had one or two, make the team, that actually had unofficials, but I cant think of one.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

Donald hand jr with another pic!!!

Now can someone on the vcu staff send Christian Fermin send him his official visit photos? He is still waiting for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM
Apr 20, 2009
❤️❤️Blessed to receive an offer from VCU. I'll be making my decision July 7.

Virtual trivia night​

Calling all trivia buffs! The VCU Business Alumni Society invites you to test your knowledge with fellow Rams.

The evening includes two rounds of virtual trivia, plus networking breaks when you can connect with other guests.

When: 6-7:15 p.m. EDT Thursday, July 8
Where: Via Zoom; link emailed to registrants.

Attachments

• 1624372595128.png
    1624372595128.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: duncanlamb

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

Lamothe detailed his UV to Maryland. Looks like Maryland gave him a pretty thorough tour for a UV. Maryland has emerged as our main competition for his services?

@rollins77 can we match and or exceed the content of the Maryland visit to Lamothe which is detailed below?

"When I first got there, I was greeted by Coach Bruce [Shingler],” Lamothe told IMS. “He brought us to Coach Turgeon and we basically sat down and he told me that he was excited to have me on campus. He talked to me about this weekend and even though they didn’t get to see me that much, they saw me as more of a shooting guard this weekend and want to see me playing more of the point guard position next weekend.

“Then we went on a tour and our first stop was at the arena. We went to the top floor and it was actually a pretty nice view. I’ve never been that high up in there before, because usually I’d be sitting close to the court. We went to the weight room and met the strength and conditioning coach. He showed me around and what they do. They have nice systems in there that record your workouts and stuff. The equipment was really nice.”

"Lamothe is coming off his sophomore season, during which he shared the floor with Julian Reese, who will be suiting up for Maryland as a freshman this season as a freshman.

“I got to talk to JuJu real quick and Coach Turgeon was just telling me how good he was doing so far with everything up there. I text with Ju a lot and I’ve been asking him how it is. He said he really likes it a lot and I’m glad to see that he’s doing good,” he said.

Lamothe was taken around campus individually, but his AAU teammate and fellow 2023 prospect Kwame Evans was also on his visit. Evans is the No. 5 player in the 2023 247Sports composite and a high priority for the Terps.".

"Coach Turge said he really likes the bond that me and KJ have and just how they’d like to get us both to keep the Baltimore pipeline going. He brought up guys like Darryl Morsell and Stix who stayed together and made a good impact in their school and stuff like that,” Lamothe said.

COMMENTS
Lamothe said the Maryland visit stood out among the others that he’s taken thus far because they made sure to show them the social activities and daily life of what it would be like to be a student-athlete at Maryland. He and his family met with an academic advisor who presented a detailed plan of how they ensure success for their players. Lamothe had previously taken unofficial visits to Pittsburgh and Rutgers. Ohio State is next up on the docket for the Baltimore native.

The DMV Live event held at DeMatha Catholic this past weekend was the first event since the pandemic began where Division I coaches could attend. The second session will be this weekend at DeMatha Catholic as well, and Lamothe and St. Frances will be on display. IMS will keep close tabs on how consistent Maryland is with the fast- rising combo guard going forward.".

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Robert Davis Jr 2022 guard is supposed to be on campus for unofficial today. Not only is he a really good scorer. Dude is a model!!

Off the court, robert is smart and mature as any vcu player interviewed. He would be a tremendous member of this team.

Here is a great interview!

Last edited: