Recruiting VCU Recruiting

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
We were getting ready to shut down, hot and sweaty, and most times their time is limited and they're on the roll. That sales pitch, but our main man, much like Bones, looks like his mind's made up. Coaches look pretty dam happy, too. Two other officials are with him.

Doug's not with him or wasn't when I saw the crew. YES, btw, EXACTLY like that. Identically like that.

I met him on that visit, too at The Stu and chatted with him and his pops for a bit pre game. After many, many years and many faces I'm proud to say I got that chance to meet, this is the first official I was already familiar with, who immediately recognized me. I kept telling him to come make some noise. Coaches are beaming with smiles today.
I think Obinna is a big target for the staff. A big man that prides himself on D and spacing the floor for teammates. Hopefully things go well for everyone involved.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks for the update MM. Sounds super promising! Did you recognize the other two officials?
Man, I am sorry to say, no. It all went by so fast and I admit, I was chatting so heavily with The Nigerian Nightmare so closely I didn't get the chance to figure that out. One was of African descent (I would guess Mali or Kenya), and slightly shorter than Obinna, and the other shorter than them and I'd guess a SG.

Reactions: N Mollen

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Could you imagine if we hauled in 3 commits at one time????
It sounds to me like these guys are here to participate in the open gym that the poster mentioned the other day.

Man, I am sorry to say, no. It all went by so fast and I admit, I was chatting so heavily with The Nigerian Nightmare so closely I didn't get the chance to figure that out. One was of African descent (I would guess Mali or Kenya), and slightly shorter than Obinna, and the other shorter than them and I'd guess a SG.
Obinna has a brother in the states now so it could have been him.