Recruiting VCU Recruiting

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Fascinating, scary article
It shows that if you do not create a culture or brand as a non-P5 you have a tough road. Also, shows why there is coaching movement for less of a grind on the recruiting trail. I imagine it has to be tough for coaches in mid-major programs that struggle with winning.

Reactions: mrgeode

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
It shows that if you do not create a culture or brand as a non-P5 you have a tough road. Also, shows why there is coaching movement for less of a grind on the recruiting trail. I imagine it has to be tough for coaches in mid-major programs that struggle with winning.
That coach did not seem to be enjoying life very much

Reactions: AlienAiden

CvilleRAM

Top Member
Jan 31, 2015
That coach did not seem to be enjoying life very much
No he doesn't and while I can see where he's coming from, you can't help but think that pessimistic outlook has a negative effect on his recruiting process. I also feel like if someone had a good bit of free time, they could piece together little bits of information throughout the article and figure out who that coach is :)

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
No he doesn't and while I can see where he's coming from, you can't help but think that pessimistic outlook has a negative effect on his recruiting process. I also feel like if someone had a good bit of free time, they could piece together little bits of information throughout the article and figure out who that coach is :)
It is also the reason why so many good, young MM coaches look to move up and out as quickly as they can to a P5 job. The deck is stacked against them at the MM level

Reactions: CvilleRAM

zackry93

Top Member
Insider
Mar 14, 2016
Not an offer but they are starting to recruit him

Only been in the US for a year originally from the Netherlands. 6'8 SF/stretch 4

St. Joe's offered on Friday, joining fellow A10 member George Mason, who offered earlier in the week. He also rattled off Robert Morris, Towson, and Howard as schools that have extended scholarship offers. In addition to those five offers, he said, "VCU has been texting me now. UCF, ETSU, Mass Lowell, Arkansas, Binghamton, and Mount Saint Mary's are all also recruiting me."

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Not an offer but they are starting to recruit him

Only been in the US for a year originally from the Netherlands. 6'8 SF/stretch 4

St. Joe's offered on Friday, joining fellow A10 member George Mason, who offered earlier in the week. He also rattled off Robert Morris, Towson, and Howard as schools that have extended scholarship offers. In addition to those five offers, he said, "VCU has been texting me now. UCF, ETSU, Mass Lowell, Arkansas, Binghamton, and Mount Saint Mary's are all also recruiting me."
I know someone who saw him play recently and said he has a lot of potential. Extremely long and athletic.