Recruiting VCU Recruiting

BigTimeRamFan

Top Member
Jan 4, 2011
I love bigs. You can't have enough of them in my book. But, after surveying the returning players for next year, it's become very apparent that we need another 3 pt shooter, besides Bones. He is the only one above 33.3% shooting of the returning players. With one scholly left, I look for MR & staff to go out and get a JUCO/eligible transfer shooting guard, who is proven from the 3pt line. I would hazard to guess, that we will have someone transfer, as well.

Reactions: CvilleRAM

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I love bigs. You can't have enough of them in my book. But, after surveying the returning players for next year, it's become very apparent that we need another 3 pt shooter, besides Bones. He is the only one above 33.3% shooting of the returning players. With one scholly left, I look for MR & staff to go out and get a JUCO/eligible transfer shooting guard, who is proven from the 3pt line. I would hazard to guess, that we will have someone transfer, as well.
I'll split the difference. Get talent; take the best dead eye shooter or big you can get.

I think Clark shoots; just hasnt this year. Jamir shoots too. Don't know about Banks

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
I'll split the difference. Get talent; take the best dead eye shooter or big you can get.

I think Clark shoots; just hasnt this year. Jamir shoots too. Don't know about Banks
I know its hearsay to even mention the "T" word, but I am curious how Clark fits in moving forward. If Bones plays the 2, there's a clear need. If not, there may be a logjam at the 1.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I know its hearsay to even mention the "T" word, but I am curious how Clark fits in moving forward. If Bones plays the 2, there's a clear need. If not, there may be a logjam at the 1.
Bones will play some PG and off the ball some. Ace is a freshman and will have to work his way in. Tre will play a bunch, and has shown me this year that he deserves floor time.

I think we all have suspicions on who might leave, and history tells us that a departure is likely. But by no means certain.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
I agree. History doesn’t usually include 5 seniors who all played significant mins though. That could sway a kid on the fence to stay.
Bones will play some PG and off the ball some. Ace is a freshman and will have to work his way in. Tre will play a bunch, and has shown me this year that he deserves floor time.

I think we all have suspicions on who might leave, and history tells us that a departure is likely. But by no means certain.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I agree. History doesn’t usually include 5 seniors who all played significant mins though. That could sway a kid on the fence to stay.
Yeah, a lot of minutes are leaving after this year. I like Ace a lot, but Tre' has proved he can play. With another year under his belt, he may be really good. he's showed flashes of shooting (he was really good in high school) and we need people who can MAKE shots.