Recruiting VCU Recruiting

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
July 3rd isn't that far away, I don't know if that official's going to happen if he plans to commit that soon.

According to Josh Verlin(his Colby), he plans on visiting Georgetown and temple before July 3rd Georgetown is the apple that upset the entire barrel. He seems to really like the hoyas

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
He just cut his list to 5 today. That article is four days old.

Read the last part.

"Fermin is also in close contact with Georgetown, however, and it seems as though the Hoyas could change the feel of his recruitment in a hurry.

“Yeah, I really want the offer,” Fermin said. “I’ve been talking to the assistant. I haven’t talked to [head coach] Patrick Ewing yet, though. They are watching me and they want to get me on a visit maybe in August.".

He seems to love Georgetown
July 3rd is still 8 days away. Ewing could still call in that time and change the dynamics of this situation. Stranger things have happened.

Heck, Jayden Epps decommitted from providence and is now with another power 5.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Read the last part.

"Fermin is also in close contact with Georgetown, however, and it seems as though the Hoyas could change the feel of his recruitment in a hurry.

“Yeah, I really want the offer,” Fermin said. “I’ve been talking to the assistant. I haven’t talked to [head coach] Patrick Ewing yet, though. They are watching me and they want to get me on a visit maybe in August.".

He seems to love Georgetown
July 3rd is still 8 days away. Ewing could still call in that time and change the dynamics of this situation.
I read the article. I am not arguing the point. Your track record is not good on this stuff.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
I read the article. I am not arguing the point. Your track record is not good on this stuff.

What track record? I am simply expressing my concern. You are more of an insider than i ever will be. If you says this is sewn up then I believe you.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
What track record? I am simply expressing my concern. You are more of an insider than i ever will be. If you says this is sewn up then I believe you.
I have no intel other than he cut his list to 5 schools today. You are expressing concern due to an old article and then pulling in scenarios that show players have changed their minds. Maybe just trust him on this one.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Nothing is ever done in recruiting until it is done. But GTown has been out there the entire time as a possibility, and yet he named him final 5 and set a date. Either he believes after talking repeatedly to them that an offer is not forthcoming, he's decided that he's not all that into them, or he's not willing to wait. This isn't Calipari swopping in unexpectedly. GTown is not new to this.

I have no inside info, except that I know Christian is our #1 target big and the staff very much wants to button this up. There are risks here, but I'd rank GTown as quite low on the list.