Recruiting VCU Recruiting

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Hmmmm....not sure I'm going to be able to endure 5 months of this sniping before the start of the season

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Just gotta survive and advance man....but first, we gotta get off this beach...

main-qimg-6f8f3f33a084fb67a39bedb05f4f6032

2012Ram

Elite Member
I looked into it and this is actually the first year of 247's transfer portal rankings. We are tied for 49th with 6 other schools, and there are only 82 schools total with ranks.

I'd be interested to see how accurate it ends up being after year 1, and interested to know why less than 25% of the teams are listed.

The only thing I can say with confidence at this point is that its a little surprising how immediately this has been adopted as a measure of success in the portal when people don't like 247's HS recruiting ranking system that is exactly the same system and has been doing this for over a decade now.

2012Ram

Elite Member
None of this matters if we continue to turn the ball over 17 times a game.
Not having Curry, Vince, Ward and Stockard should improve that greatly. Those four accounted for close to half of our turnovers.

However, neither of the transfers we brought in are huge improvements there - both Jackson and Johns with 3.0 turnovers per 40 would be tied with levi for fourth worst on the team.

Last edited:

Ramball

Elite Member
Insider
Not having Curry, Vince, Ward and Stockard should improve that greatly. Those four accounted for close to half of our turnovers.

However, neither of the transfers we brought in are huge improvements there - both Jackson and Johns with 3.0 turnovers per 40 would be tied with levi for fourth worst on the team.

Last year will be the year of the turnover for me. Can't seem to remember another season where we had some of the most un-forced TO's....painful to watch at times.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Been out of the recruiting loop as of late, but does anyone have any ideas about who has visits set up in the very to near future?

RamDanFan

Elite Member
Been out of the recruiting loop as of late, but does anyone have any ideas about who has visits set up in the very to near future?

I’ve only heard of Jamari Smith from D2 Queens College. This is from an article 4 days ago.

“I visited Georgia Tech last weekend,” Smith said. “I’m going to visit VCU soon; we are setting that up now.”

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Looks like Smith is visiting Murray State this weekend. Don't know when/if VCU visit is scheduled