Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
So back to the NBA green room invitations....I saw yesterday that Chris Duarte was invited. I think they have about three more spots for the draft green room to make it 20.
I wouldn't hold my breath for a Bones invite:

According to Givony, five more players will be invited to the Green Room based on NBA team voting. The list is as follows: Ziaire Williams, Cameron Thomas, Sharife Cooper, Usman Garuba, Alperen Sengun, Trey Murphy, Isaiah Jackson, Jared Butler and Chris Duarte.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I wouldn't hold my breath for a Bones invite:

Interesting. Usually there is some intel that comes with those invitations. I don't like that. As of last night it looked like 3 more to hit 20 so more became known after I read that.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
23. Rockets (from Blazers): Bones Hyland, SG, VCU

Height: 6' 3" | Weight: 165 | Age: 20 | Sophomore

The Rockets’ two picks in the 20s are a key swing spot in the late first round, with Houston presumably open to moving one or both depending on what’s available. Hyland has been gathering steam after a strong showing at the combine, and looks to be working his way into this range of the draft. While he’s a scorer by nature and quite slender for an NBA two-guard, his ability to make tough shots is hard to find, and has helped separate him from the large pack of guards in the 20-40 range. Hyland’s stock appears to have moved into first-round territory at this point.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Interesting. Usually there is some intel that comes with those invitations. I don't like that. As of last night it looked like 3 more to hit 20 so more became known after I read that.
It looks like the NBA makes the list and teams vote based on that list. Hence the NBA front office might not be high on Bones early R1 draft chances bit that doesn't mean teams feel the same way.

Reactions: AlienAiden

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
It looks like the NBA makes the list and teams vote based on that list. Hence the NBA front office might not be high on Bones early R1 draft chances bit that doesn't mean teams feel the same way.
Teams also lie and spread misinformation to conceal their true targets. Probably not relevant to the green room invite situation, but worth keeping in mind when reading mock drafts.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I think Bones will get a lot better in the NBA. I fully expect that he will have a very long career. Just my 2c
I do as well. As stated, I think he will be a better scorer. However, I dont see his or anyone for that matter shooting at a higher percentage than Seth. To date no one but Steve Kerr has proven they have the ability to do so.

Agreed, Bones should bet better.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I do as well. As stated, I think he will be a better scorer. However, I dont see his or anyone for that matter shooting at a higher percentage than Seth. To date no one but Steve Kerr has proven they have the ability to do so.

Agreed, Bones should bet better.
You mean Steph right?

Jan 15, 2020
There no doubt Bones can have a fantastic nba career. The only thing that could IMO affect that is if he lets things go to his head. He’s still a young player with lots of room to grow in various parts of his game.

Being a star for a great mid major is very different than a NBA star. First becoming a star and then handling the headlines, pressure, etc that come with it. I give Lebron, Westbrook, etc 💩 but they even they navigate criticism and media better than they get credit for. If you get drafted by NY, LA, Miami, Chicago, etc and you don’t perform every night how they expect the sports media eats you alive no matter the sport. It truly takes the highest level of maturity to navigate the pro leagues.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011

22 NAH’SHON ‘BONES’ HYLAND​

POSITION GUARD​

FROM VCU​

HEIGHT 6'3​

WEIGHT 175​

Hyland is a super skilled individual scorer who has a deep bag of tricks to get off a good look on his jump shot. The VCU guard was an elite shooter during his two years in college basketball, hitting 39 percent of his threes on a high volume of attempts largely coming off the dribble. For as good as Hyland is with the ball in his hands, he also showed knockdown ability off catch-and-shoot opportunities, finishing in the 96th percentile on spot-ups this season, according to Synergy Sports.

For all of Hyland’s skill as a scorer, his thin 6’3, 175 pound frame will present problems defensively for him at the NBA level. He also needs to get better at leveraging his own scoring ability to better set up teammates. He finished this season with 74 turnovers to 50 assists. Hyland was robbed of a chance to shoot up draft boards in March Madness when a positive Covid test knocked VCU out of the tournament before they played a game. Hyland showed scouts what he could do during a standout scrimmage performance at the combine, and should be appealing in the late first round for teams looking for instant offense off the bench.