Dec 16, 2013
wow watching Devin Booker last night get banged and banged to fight to get a shot with his NBA body - I can say Bones needs to put some serious time in the weight room adding 10-15 pounds of weight and increasing strength - with his work ethic I think he will get there !!!
While I am not a big NBA fan - the refs really swallow their whistle as the playoffs get to the last few rounds - you gotta be strong to get your shot and finish at the rim (unless you get superstar treatment)
Go Bones!!!

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Phone convo just now with Verizon rep while going over my bill.

Me: I don't want to affect sports channels due to wanting every option to watch VCU basketball.

Verizon rep: I am a big Knicks fan & I hope we pick your VCU guy Bones Hyland.

Ha! We then spent about 10 minutes talking about basketball. He said, I wish my school Rutgers would have the same type of success as VCU.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bones needs to put some serious time in the weight room adding 10-15 pounds of weight
I know he's working out like a champ right now. With some physiques, it's so much easier thought about and said, than done. I really began my professional career(s) with working at the regency Nautilus, we weight trained clients, took in-job classes on diet creation and maintenance so we could plan them for people and there was a bonus in that location, a grocery store next door with a nice bulk section. We'd take some of them shopping after workouts, literally fill up their shopping carts with what they'd buy/eat. Weight loss was nearly 100% achievable. But then there were the difficult weight gain cases. Out of the couple hundred we worked with back then, there were but a unique few that, even as a team, had the type of build/metabolism that was REALLY hard to slow down, and I was one of them, at that time. A few there was nothing we could do, short of what could be attributed to muscle gain, to significantly, noticeably increase body mass. I still know a few great recipes/plans for weight gain and loss, but to this day have little idea how to build mass on a body that has a ultra high metabolism like that. I'm not a dietician, but he might benefit from hiring one.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

Nah’Shon Hyland, 6-3 sophomore guard, VCU. “Helped himself in Chicago. He’s skinny, and I don’t think he’ll gain a lot of weight, but he can really score. He’s going to have to learn to pass more. He’s not a vertical athlete, but he’s twitchy, and he’s clever. He’s a scorer much more than a shooter. That’s one area he needs to improve, but I think he will because he’s a gym rat. Full of personality. Worst case he goes in the mid-30s and gets some guaranteed money.”

Reactions: MobileMunchies

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
One more week until the draft.

giphy.gif

Apr 9, 2015
27. Brooklyn Nets – Bones Hyland, Guard, VCU

The Nets don’t need prospects. They need plug-and-play reserves who are going to spot start some games for Kyrie Irving and James Harden in the dog days of January and February. Hyland turns 21 in September and was the Atlantic 10 Player of the Year.
Fox sports.com

Reactions: share the ball
Jul 30, 2014
wow watching Devin Booker last night get banged and banged to fight to get a shot with his NBA body - I can say Bones needs to put some serious time in the weight room adding 10-15 pounds of weight and increasing strength - with his work ethic I think he will get there !!!
While I am not a big NBA fan - the refs really swallow their whistle as the playoffs get to the last few rounds - you gotta be strong to get your shot and finish at the rim (unless you get superstar treatment)
Go Bones!!!

Iverson was 165. Spud Webb was 133. Maynor was 163. Bones will be fine. NBA is nowhere near as physical as it used to be.

Dec 16, 2013
Iverson was 165. Spud Webb was 133. Maynor was 163. Bones will be fine. NBA is nowhere near as physical as it used to be.
avg size of point guards in Iverson era was 175 range - spud was a unicorn!
Today avg weight of PG is near 190 and SG near 205-210lbs

Bones needs the added size, not for offense, but for defense (nba opponents today will run Bones through a gauntlet of picks from 250 lb power fwds or centers and get him isolated on players that will bully ball him down low on switches) nba teams will exploit a player's weakness during crunch time

As far as physicality, the 3 point line and the high percentage of teams that spread the floor contribute to a less physical game today - but come playoff time the game gets real physical and the refs allow it -

to me the quintessential modern point guard today is Donovan Mitchell 6'1" ,210 lbs or Dame Lilliard 6'2" 195 lbs , Steph Curry 6'3" 185 lbs , kyrie Irving 6'2" 195 (I have excluded those unicorns like Ben Simmons, Lebron and Luca Doncic that function as PGs too)
if Bones was lightning quick (NBA scouts do not put him in that niche) than a size closer to a Mike Conley 6'1" 175 lbs or Ja Morant 6'3" 175 lbs might be ideal

if you slot Bones as SG then the sizes and weights increase like Devin Booker 6'5" 205 lbs or james Harden 6"5" 220 lbs

Jul 14, 2011
Phone convo just now with Verizon rep while going over my bill.

Me: I don't want to affect sports channels due to wanting every option to watch VCU basketball.

Verizon rep: I am a big Knicks fan & I hope we pick your VCU guy Bones Hyland.

Ha! We then spent about 10 minutes talking about basketball. He said, I wish my school Rutgers would have the same type of success as VCU.
The real question... Did he actually help you with your plan and if so can you share his name or extension. The last time I talked with Verizon they basically told me to pound sand or pay a season ticket deposit. First time they havent offered me something similar to previous price so I had to cut the cord.

Reactions: AlienAiden

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
The real question... Did he actually help you with your plan and if so can you share his name or extension. The last time I talked with Verizon they basically told me to pound sand or pay a season ticket deposit. First time they havent offered me something similar to previous price so I had to cut the cord.
I do not have his name. I use my App so if I need something it goes directly to a person. He was in NJ. They did knock my bill down, I added HBO Max and I got the strongest wifi router. One day I will cut the cord too but not yet. I was happy with him streamlining my account without having to change plans. I am grandfathered into a good plan that costs more now to join.