VCU to play in Crossover Classic (Sioux Falls, SD) 11/25-11/27

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
How is it that college football teams that are what, 6 times more players and staff than basketball, have made it through 11 weeks with relatively few cancellations and college bball is already a s.hit show?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
They shot 33% from the arc last year with Merrill. They were 3rd in the nation in total assists. They have won 54 games the past 2 seasons. Well coached, disciplined team that shares the ball and rebounds well.
Yeah. This is a tough tournament. Crazy how Atlantis fell apart and the only two teams left were West Virginia and Memphis. They did a great job getting quality teams.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hopefully we are all negative. WSU found out upon arrival. Also lucky we have the latest game coincidentally with the delayed travel. Hopefully we left already or are first thing am

Love2Ram

Top Member
Insider
Feb 25, 2011
How is it that college football teams that are what, 6 times more players and staff than basketball, have made it through 11 weeks with relatively few cancellations and college bball is already a s.hit show?
Contact tracing and a roster made up of only 14 players makes games all but impossible if anyone tests positive.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Very few? There have been a bunch of cancellations. Also, college basketball has players face to face at a constant pace and they will play two to sometimes three times per week. This is going to be a mess in my opinion. Hopefully VCU will be OK and everyone will stay safe.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
screw any VCU fan (we all know a few) who somehow feel like we don’t have a brand anymore. We haven’t had a losing season in over two decades, we’ve played in the NCAAs in 10 of the last 13 tournaments, and we have the second largest brand (behind Dayton) in a typically top 8 conference.

I know that we’ve only made the second weekend once ever and the 2011 March run was lightning in a bottle..... but we will always get invites to these MTEs. Richmond has always been a good college basketball market. We are a good f///ing program with a unique culture because we don’t have football.
I mean, VCU's great and all but this was more about great timing. VCU had a tournament collapse from under them, the South Dakota tournament had an unexpected vacancy, they only had a few hours to make it happen. Battle 4 Rushmore or whatever it's called was very fortunate they had a team suddenly looking for games when they did.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
Very few? There have been a bunch of cancellations. Also, college basketball has players face to face at a constant pace and they will play two to sometimes three times per week. This is going to be a mess in my opinion. Hopefully VCU will be OK and everyone will stay safe.
And the percentage of games postponed or cancelled has gone up pretty much every week this season. I would not be surprised if we had only the playoffs, the NY6 bowls and maybe two bowls for the top four G5 teams not in the NY6 to play each other.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
I said relatively few. Nothing like what we're seeing with basketball.

Apr 20, 2009
Hopefully we are all negative. WSU found out upon arrival. Also lucky we have the latest game coincidentally with the delayed travel. Hopefully we left already or are first thing am
We have not left. We just found out we were going to South Dakota an hour ago

Apr 20, 2009
I mean, VCU's great and all but this was more about great timing. VCU had a tournament collapse from under them, the South Dakota tournament had an unexpected vacancy, they only had a few hours to make it happen. Battle 4 Rushmore or whatever it's called was very fortunate they had a team suddenly looking for games when they did.
Mohegan Sun lost teams today too. Very fluid situation. Rhode Island is replacing Baylor up there and playing in the Empire Classic vs Arizona St on Wed night.