VCU to play in Crossover Classic (Sioux Falls, SD) 11/25-11/27

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Please state the exact reasoning in my comment that was not sound or admit you lack reading comprehension.
First, see AA's, Havoc City's, and Bierne's responses.

Reading comprehension? Lol.

With all the information out in the public space, perhaps you should consider working on both reading and reasoning deficiencies. SMDH

Last edited:
Reactions: vcumad

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I mean, VCU's great and all but this was more about great timing. VCU had a tournament collapse from under them, the South Dakota tournament had an unexpected vacancy, they only had a few hours to make it happen. Battle 4 Rushmore or whatever it's called was very fortunate they had a team suddenly looking for games when they did.
You’re not wrong regarding the timing.
I just get tired of posters on here and friends of mine who think one disappointing season kills us. We have a brand. There are a lot of schools who have open weekends, but VCU was their choice

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
St Mary's, Memphis and West VA aren't exactly chopped liver. South Dakota will be competitive. This is a very good field.
This is a good field and we get to watch the VCU Rams play three games on the ESPN family of networks over Thanksgiving.

All you half-a$$ fans who throw pity parties and think we aren’t a good program can go argue with their families about politics this weekend. I’ll be watching VCU f\\\ing basketball.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
This is a good field and we get to watch the VCU Rams play three games on the ESPN family of networks over Thanksgiving.

All you half-a$$ fans who throw pity parties and think we aren’t a good program can go argue with their families about politics this weekend. I’ll be watching VCU f\\\ing basketball.
Oh, I will be watching too. The pundits will have VCU ranked at the bottom of this tournament so time for some upsets. No patsies to start. I am excited to see what happens. Go Rams!

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014

Shh....the adults are talking now.

• Haha
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
Here we go! What I'm looking for in the first game, the total minutes for Douglas/Curry/Williams combined. What will they consume, and what will be left for the underclassmen (excluding Bones, who I think is probably ascending to the role of team leader).

Reactions: cabell

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Here we go! What I'm looking for in the first game, the total minutes for Douglas/Curry/Williams combined. What will they consume, and what will be left for the underclassmen (excluding Bones, who I think is probably ascending to the role of team leader).
Douglas was struggling with injuries in the later part of 2020. He looks healthy now and I am cheering for him. Play tough young man!

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
What I'm looking for in the first game, the total minutes for Douglas/Curry/Williams combined. What will they consume, and what will be left for the underclassmen (excluding Bones, who I think is probably ascending to the role of team leader).
Hopefully Mike learned his lesson last year about playing less talented experience over less experienced talent. Not all that hopeful he did, but I'd love to see those 3 and Stockard get less than 80 minutes combined if possible. Time to turn the page.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Hopefully Mike learned his lesson last year about playing less talented experience over less experienced talent. Not all that hopeful he did, but I'd love to see those 3 and Stockard get less than 80 minutes combined if possible. Time to turn the page.
Not sure who you are singling out but I honestly believe that Douglas is important to this team. Vince and Curry too. They will get run early and then according to how they play minutes will go up or down. With a young team out of the gates those three are going to play. I am more curious about combos than anything.

Reactions: mrgeode

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
Here are a couple.....

"ridiculously high recovery rates" (maybe true but....? what the heck)

"considering all the measures that are currently being taken, yet it is spiking anyway."

Don't even come back at me Dan. 😂 I know I can't get anything through your thick skull. Heck, I don't even want to.
C’mon Stephen. Those 2 items you quoted are 100% true, and you know it! And you can’t tell me people don’t think at least think about that! And that’s all my comment stated. That at least a couple coaches had to think about it.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
C’mon Stephen. Those 2 items you quoted are 100% true, and you know it! And you can’t tell me people don’t think at least think about that! And that’s all my comment stated. That at least a couple coaches had to think about it.
Not gonna argue this with ya Danny boy.