VCU to play in Crossover Classic (Sioux Falls, SD) 11/25-11/27

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
I think under at first. Rhoades is going to play Ace some heavy minutes out of the gate (heavy in regards to what VCU freshmen normally get) so maybe that helps keep Bones in longer.

When you say heavy minutes for Ace, what are you talking? 15-20? I could see that, but not much more.

northernvatiger

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Glad there will be basketball after all. Not crazy about the team going to South Dakota where COVID is running rampant. Please be careful and stay healthy! Let's Go VCU!

Reactions: SWV

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
No one wants to say it, but I’m sure there are a few coaches out there that, considering the ridiculously high recovery rates we are seeing now, have thought why not just go ahead and get exposed. It’s obvious this thing can’t be stopped considering all the measures that are currently being taken, yet it is spiking anyway. Would make the rest of the season way more predictable.
It can be stopped or greatly slowed down if there was consistency in the measures being taken and if everyone had an open willingness to follow those measures. In fact, I think it is the reason why our team has done so well at not getting Covid....they follow the measure set by the program. And I really don't think that 5-10% of those who get covid and end up in the hospital is reason to just go ahead and get exposed. Would you take a prescription drug that put you in the hospital 5-10% of the time....or eat lettuce where 5-10% of the time you get salmonela poisoning that puts you in the hospital? I just don't understand comments like yours. Heck, recently a family of 18 living in texas gathered for a birthday party and Covid spread like wildfire through the group and a large majority ended up in the hospital. Your comment was reckless and the likely reason we have over a quarter of a million americans dead in this country in less than 9 months.
Sorry but crud like this really ticks me off.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
It can be stopped or greatly slowed down if there was consistency in the measures being taken and if everyone had an open willingness to follow those measures. In fact, I think it is the reason why our team has done so well at not getting Covid....they follow the measure set by the program. And I really don't think that 5-10% of those who get covid and end up in the hospital is reason to just go ahead and get exposed. Would you take a prescription drug that put you in the hospital 5-10% of the time....or eat lettuce where 5-10% of the time you get salmonela poisoning that puts you in the hospital? I just don't understand comments like yours. Heck, recently a family of 18 living in texas gathered for a birthday party and Covid spread like wildfire through the group and a large majority ended up in the hospital. Your comment was reckless and the likely reason we have over a quarter of a million americans dead in this country in less than 9 months.
Sorry but crud like this really ticks me off.
Can we please stop this back and forth. Please? It is obvious that he does not agree with you.

Reactions: wavevcu

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
I doubt they are out looking to be proactively exposed, but probably grasp the extremely low-risk to folks that do not have serious underlying conditions. Unfortunately, the U.S. is no longer home to the free nor the brave. Let's give away all of our constitutional rights, go into hibernation and see what the next liberty to be taken from us will be. We'll be much better off for this despite the negative impacts (depression, suicide, financial loss, etc.) of lockdowns once this is all done. We always have the government to take care of us.
What a privileged life you must lead where having to wear a mask and social distance makes you feel so oppressed that you no longer feel you live in a country of the free and the brave.