Recruiting VCU WBB Recruiting Thread

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Figured we could use one of these threads to keep up with all of the incoming recruits and news & such.

@Natty or @MattRock if you could, can you pin this to the Top of this forum for us.

So as of right now.. here's what our roster for next season consists of

Outgoing Players
Isis Thorpe- graduating
Keira Robinson- graduating
Ashlee Mitchell- graduating
Ashley Pegram- graduating
Mooriah Rowser- graduating
G.G. Goodhope- graduating
Curteeona Brelove- transferring to St. John's
Katherine Strong- transferring to Butler
Camille Calhoun- Ending her career after 2 ACL injuries

Returning Players for 2017-18 Season- (what year they will be next year)
Nyra Williams- G (soph)
Jailyn Maddox- G (soph)
Sandra Skinner- F (Jr.)
Danielle Hammond- C (soph.)
Bria Gibson- F (Jr.)
Niya Johnson- G (Soph.)

Incoming players for 2017-18 Season
Taya Robinson
- Huguenot HS (Richmond VA)
Sydnei Archie- St. Catherine's HS (Richmond VA)
Delphynia Sparks- Monsignor Scanlan HS (Bronx, NY)
Akiene Tera-Reed- Life Center Academy (Burlington, NJ)
Madison Hattix-Covington- Ellison HS (Kileen, TX)

2018-19 Players
Aliyah Jeune
- Life Center Academy (Westhampton NJ) (Rutgers Transfer- Will have 2 years left)
Jordan Agustus- St. Mary's HS (Bronx NY) (St John's Transfer- Will have 2 years left)

2018-19 Offers
Amber Bacon- PG- South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, TX): received offer
Lauryn Thompson- F- Mansfield Timberview (Arlington, TX): received offer

Last edited:

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I found out last night at the WBB banquet... that former VCU WBB commit Chloe Molloy (PG from Australia) de-committed about a month ago & will be playing Rugby over in Australia instead of playing Basketball. Did not hear any reason why the change of heart.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Lots of young players might be another tough season. Best of luck lady Rams.

Yeah, definitely a lot of youth, and 2 big losses on top of our seniors graduating.... hopefully we can get some grad transfers to fill in the gaps that we have left & to give our team a little bit of leadership.

Hopefully Camille will be healthy this year.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
VCU Local Commits. Sydnei Archie and Taya Robinson both made the All Metro Team for the Richmond Area!

http://www.richmond.com/sports/high...cle_6d41c902-2180-11e7-b746-33a1e47de36c.html

Congrats to both of them! Can't wait to watch them play for the Rams next year.... I noticed on the list of All-Metro players of the year.... a former Ram Ebony Patterson made the list back in 2007!

Geez Taya averaged 29 pts 10 rebs this year? And is Huguenot's all time scoring leader. Very Nice! And Sydnei also average 20 pts a game this year....

Definitely like that! Can't wait to watch them play for the Rams.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I found out last night at the WBB banquet... that former VCU WBB commit Chloe Molloy (PG from Australia) de-committed about a month ago & will be playing Rugby over in Australia instead of playing Basketball. Did not hear any reason why the change of heart.
Too bad, she looked really good. Maybe she just likes rugby better or didn't want to go so far away from home. Best of luck to her.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
My guess would be the home sickness part played a bigger factor.
I often wonder about the players who go to another country to play when they have seldom, if ever, been away from home until they went to college (or in some cases high school). When we have players from other countries we should go out of our way to make sure they are made to feel at home here. I often wondered about Hamdi on the men's side. Where did he go when the other players went home for holidays etc. I hope she has a lot of fun playing Rugby, wish she could have been a Ram though.