VCU's 2018-19 schedule

AlienAiden

Top Member
May 3, 2012
This tweet is a good place to begin putting the 2018-19 puzzle together.

Couple of additions:

In another thread @VAHills said:
FYI, this probably belongs in its own thread, but it appears the A10 Tourney in Brooklyn next year will be March 13-17. I couldn't find anything official on it, but looking ahead at the NCAA calendar (Dayton games are on 3/19-3/20) and factoring in Elton John is playing Barclays the weekend before (3/8-3/9), these have to be the dates. I went ahead and locked in my hotel room just to be on the safe side.

And the 2018 Legend's Classic will be November 19 and 20

Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
This tweet is a good place to begin putting the 2018-19 puzzle together.

Couple of additions:

In another thread @VAHills said:
FYI, this probably belongs in its own thread, but it appears the A10 Tourney in Brooklyn next year will be March 13-17. I couldn't find anything official on it, but looking ahead at the NCAA calendar (Dayton games are on 3/19-3/20) and factoring in Elton John is playing Barclays the weekend before (3/8-3/9), these have to be the dates. I went ahead and locked in my hotel room just to be on the safe side.

And the 2018 Legend's Classic will be November 19 and 20
Yeah, unless the format changes for some reason, March 13-17 are the only reasonable dates for the tournament. I think it's pretty safe to say @VAHills is correct.

Reactions: VAHills

AlienAiden

Top Member
May 3, 2012
I am not sure how to respond to this home & home news. My first reaction is.....why are the coaches setting up h&h arrangements with CAA teams? Why not buy the game? Then I think.....what is Charleston's rolling RPI? How does this help? If the game is on the weekend I can go to the beach and visit the Moonpie store.

Reactions: Ramdog

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I am not sure how to respond to this home & home news. My first reaction is.....why are the coaches setting up h&h arrangements with CAA teams? Why not buy the game? Then I think.....what is Charleston's rolling RPI? How does this help? If the game is on the weekend I can go to the beach and visit the Moonpie store.
It's interesting to say the least.... undefeated at home this past season. Had a chance to bat Rhody on the Road & Auburn in the NCAA Tourney. Were #57 in RPI according to Real Time RPI. http://realtimerpi.com/college_Men_basketball_rpi2.html

It is kinda weird we are doing a H&H, instead of just a buy game.... but oh well, gives us all a reason to go to Charleston.

Reactions: mrgeode

AlienAiden

Top Member
May 3, 2012
VCU fans in the CAA: Why won't A-10 teams play us home and home?
VCU fans in the A-10: Why should we play CAA teams home and home?
Ha!

One thing about good mid-majors is that they are not falling over themselves for a buy game against A10 teams. ACC? Yeah, accepting that buy game is more palatable.

On another note, UVA played a home & home with VCU because it is a solid series. The more I look at this h&h I see it as a solid deal.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
VCU fans in the CAA: Why won't A-10 teams play us home and home?
VCU fans in the A-10: Why should we play CAA teams home and home?
Something about walking a mile with another man's shoe on the other foot but only if it fits.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
URI is currently in a H&H with Charleston and Davidson finished a home & home series with them.
Rhoades always said play teams that can win your league. Well charleston wentry 26-8 and went to the ncaa. They also signed a h and h with oklahoma state last week.

Reactions: TampaKAP