MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Hey @MattRock ....time to change the title of this thread to match Bones!!! 8-)

Vince Williams - NBA Thread
Grinning from ear to ear, here!

JEolxmf.gif

rammad90

Elite Member
Congrats to Vince he scored (2) in an NBA game, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, and a steal. Since he is literally the last guy off the bench good chance he is headed to the G League but he is now firmly an NBA player.

He's been on the roster, he's played in 2 games, and he has stats.

Not bad. Add another one to our list. Bodine, Super Nard, Ed, Gerald, Maynor, Larry, Troy, Treveon, Bri, Bones, Vince, and Tillman with an asterisk (on roster never played a game) and Marc Jackson with a # as he played at VCU one year before Temple.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Congrats to Vince he scored in an NBA game, 3 rebounds, 1 assists, and a steal. Since he is literally the last guy off the bench good chance he is headed to the G League but he is now firmly an NBA player.

Not bad. Add another one to our list. Bodine, Super Nard, Ed, Gerald, Maynor, Larry, Troy, Treveon, Bri, Bones, Vince, and Tillman with an asterisk (on roster never played a game) and Marc Jackson with a # as he played at VCU one year before Temple.

Congrats to Vince he scored (2) in an NBA game, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, and a steal. Since he is literally the last guy off the bench good chance he is headed to the G League but he is now firmly an NBA player.

And in virtually every case, the Rams were as good or better the season after those luminaries reached the NBA. I would expect that to happen again this season following the loss of Williams. Best example: Rams lose first-round Maynor in '09, first-round Sanders in '10 .... then go to Final four in '11. Also, the Sherod/Henderson years were followed by even better seasons with Duncan/Lamb/Schlegel.

rammad90

Elite Member
And in virtually every case, the Rams were as good or better the season after those luminaries reached the NBA. I would expect that to happen again this season following the loss of Williams. Best example: Rams lose first-round Maynor in '09, first-round Sanders in '10 .... then go to Final four in '11. Also, the Sherod/Henderson years were followed by even better seasons with Duncan/Lamb/Schlegel.
Agreed. Fwiw, I think it is easier this year to exceed what Vince did last year than it was for Ed/Gerald era.

Agreed. Fwiw, I think it is easier this year to exceed what Vince did last year than it was for Ed/Gerald era.

Let's make it the Ed/Gerald/Ren era .... the Rams' all-time shot blocker was an NBA draftee as well.... incidentally, I'm trying to look up Wes Carmack (also from that era) who represents perhaps the most remarkable story in Rams' lore.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Let's make it the Ed/Gerald/Ren era .... the Rams' all-time shot blocker was an NBA draftee as well.... incidentally, I'm trying to look up Wes Carmack (also from that era) who represents perhaps the most remarkable story in Rams' lore.
I saw an article that referred to him as Wes "Buffalo" Carmack (he was from Buffalo). Sounded like he picked things up when Ren was injured for a stretch.

I saw an article that referred to him as Wes "Buffalo" Carmack (he was from Buffalo). Sounded like he picked things up when Ren was injured for a stretch.

That's not quite it ... playing basketball for VCU was furthest thing from Wes' mind when he came to Richmond .... it's such an amazing story I don't expect anyone to believe it. got a message into Wes now; he's had a remarkable life.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Grizz may end tonight's game in the first half. No Vince sightings so far, but playing against an injured (and fairly limited, if we're being honest) Hornets team is exactly when I'd hope to see the coaching staff ease him into the game.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Grizz may end tonight's game in the first half. No Vince sightings so far, but playing against an injured (and fairly limited, if we're being honest) Hornets team is exactly when I'd hope to see the coaching staff ease him into the game.
It's now 87-56. That's a 31 friggin point lead. Morant is still out there. Can we get some Vince now?! Jeez.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I love Vince being on a team with Danny Green and Steven Adams. He can learn a lot from both.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Couple fouls, a steal, an assist off the steal, some vintage handsy defense, and one missed 3 that looked good but didn't go down. Not a bad outing, we can build on it.
The whole game was effectively garbage time but every minute Vince can get is an opportunity. He’s still got plenty of time to adjust to the NBA game.