rammad90

Elite Member
It’s promising that Vince is still with the Grizzlies after the G league season has started.
I was thinking along those lines as well. But rather instead of promising, I was think encouraging.

We all know that Vince is either the last man on the roster or the next to the last man. Vince got in the game last night. Lofton did not.

We also know that Danny Green is not scheduled to return until the spring. I think there a many factors that well come into play with Vince going forward. How is his progression with most just practice given his limited minutes, who the Grizz can can acquire, who gets hurt or comes back, If management still like the pick and think he has greater potential down the road?

I am encouraged. I would be more so if he starts to hit a couple of 3's. I know its tough given he is playing junk minutes with guys who also are tying to stay on the roster. I

like that while not scoring he got an assist, and a steal. Means he isnt just out there hunting his shot and maybe just maybe he is playing the way the Grizz have asked him.

rammad90

Elite Member
The whole game was effectively garbage time but every minute Vince can get is an opportunity. He’s still got plenty of time to adjust to the NBA game.
Hoping the practice time and the time around pros like Green, Adams, and to a lesser extinct Ja ( he is still young and is just physically blessed) helps.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
And in virtually every case, the Rams were as good or better the season after those luminaries reached the NBA. I would expect that to happen again this season following the loss of Williams. Best example: Rams lose first-round Maynor in '09, first-round Sanders in '10 .... then go to Final four in '11. Also, the Sherod/Henderson years were followed by even better seasons with Duncan/Lamb/Schlegel.

Something similar happened for UVA after Ralph left.

Not uncommon for a player to have so much gravity that it can sometimes limit a team. Sometimes a scorer can’t play any other way but dominating the ball. I don’t think Williams was that kind of player. He could and would fill any role that they needed from him. Rams may be a better team this year, but it won’t be because we lost Williams.

Not uncommon for a player to have so much gravity that it can sometimes limit a team. Sometimes a scorer can’t play any other way but dominating the ball. I don’t think Williams was that kind of player. He could and would fill any role that they needed from him. Rams may be a better team this year, but it won’t be because we lost Williams.
Agree. Closest and most versatile comparison on this team is Jamir. His O is ahead of where Williams was at this point but Jamir’s D is still evolving, not where Williams was same period. Williams struggled also with injuries and overcame them. Great player for this edition of Rams to emulate.

rammad90

Elite Member
Agree. Closest and most versatile comparison on this team is Jamir. His O is ahead of where Williams was at this point but Jamir’s D is still evolving, not where Williams was same period. Williams struggled also with injuries and overcame them. Great player for this edition of Rams to emulate.
I dont think you can state that Jamir's O is ahead of Vnce's. I think the difference is that we had a few guys ahead of Vince that had him beat with regards to their knowledge of the system and their ability at the time.

When Jamir arrived we weren't as deep nor did we have established starters. Jamir just had the opportunity to shoot a bit more. Now Jamir was clearly bigger and a little more athletic than Vince. However, with regards to basketball IQ, I have to go with Vince. Vince could play any role Mike needed even as a freshman.

ramluvr99

Insider
I dont think you can state that Jamir's O is ahead of Vnce's. I think the difference is that we had a few guys ahead of Vince that had him beat with regards to their knowledge of the system and their ability at the time.

When Jamir arrived we weren't as deep nor did we have established starters. Jamir just had the opportunity to shoot a bit more. Now Jamir was clearly bigger and a little more athletic than Vince. However, with regards to basketball IQ, I have to go with Vince. Vince could play any role Mike needed even as a freshman.
vince was special especially if he wasn’t injured his whole college career. i think jamie has more capability as a high volume guy at this point in his career

rammad90

Elite Member
He ended up 1-9 from 3. 5-7 from 2. 4 turnovers. Vince seems to be struggling with the NBA deep ball. Hope its just a slump. He was 0-4 in NBA games he played.

Getting some burn with better teammates (better than College level) in G-League might help.