Volunteer Classic Canceled

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Unless they can work something out in November VCU's season will kick off December 2nd in University Park, PA at Penn State.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
I hope Rick Barnes and whoever else in the UT program that tested positive all have a speedy recovery. Coach Barnes is definitely in the at risk age range. Sucks we don't get to play these games, but the health of everybody in all of these programs is way more important.

That said, I'm still pretty friggin' annoyed that we have to wait even longer for Rams hoops now!!!

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
I hope Rick Barnes and whoever else in the UT program that tested positive all have a speedy recovery. Coach Barnes is definitely in the at risk age range. Sucks we don't get to play these games, but the health of everybody in all of these programs is way more important.

That said, I'm still pretty friggin' annoyed that we have to wait even longer for Rams hoops now!!!
Better get used to it. This will be happening all season.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Probably would be a tight fit even if Duke played Wednesday and Thursday with a Saturday game against Coppin State. Unless you made that a four-team tournament with Duke-Coppin and VCU-Charlotte on Friday and winners and losers playing Saturday.
Good idea. Another idea is against UVA. Their Friday game against Florida was canceled. Coach Bennett would probably be up for a game.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Kinda feels as if what happend the last two months of last season was just a way to soften the blow for having a limited season.

It hasn't worked, withdrawal symptoms are ongoing.
I bet VCU is going to get a good game soon. UVA makes sense to me since VCU was going to scrimmage them this year. Now, UVA is also losing a game so why not? This season is going to be this way so hopefully coaches are willing to scramble to fill holes.