W3=Wiretap Willie Wade

Nov 9, 2009
An article posted way back said he was in negotiations with lsu and was trying further sell his worth by offering up a couple of top 100 recruits that he thinks he can bring to lsu if they signed him. I wrote it off as lsu biased reporting, but it all makes more sense now.
that sounds a little like amateur athletics gone waaaaaaay wrong and I'd think the NCAA may want to talk about that one

Reactions: VRam and SpiderRAM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Worst part of coaching change.

Don't worry though. If they all bounce, we'll find guys to take their place that will be like family too.
If it is Rhoades I am going to be a happy camper. He will keep the program humming right along. Team sounds like they are shocked but in good shape. Feel like Silva and Mobley might stick. Joey is the one that turned VCU onto Mobley. Batts can see what Rhoades did with Marcus Evans at Rice. Rhoades is a guard whisperer. He knows how to coach. One way or another if it is Rhoades I am feeling good.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
Still just aghast at LSU. I think if it was Clemson, I'd get it due to his connections. Or Indiana due to their history (not that he should even have been considered for that one). But LSU? For real? I feel like he left a top 50 program for a top 75-100 program. I mean I know they got resources because of football but darn! This falls in line with an early Buzz Williams coaches show I heard when he left Marquette for Tech. There is a perception among coaches that the P5 schools are going to eventually separate from the rest of us, and you want to be on the right side of that equation. Really bums me out.

Apr 2, 2016
If it is Rhoades I am going to be a happy camper. He will keep the program humming right along. Team sounds like they are shocked but in good shape. Feel like Silva and Mobley might stick. Joey is the one that turned VCU onto Mobley. Batts can see what Rhoades did with Marcus Evans at Rice. Rhoades is a guard whisperer. He knows how to coach. One way or another if it is Rhoades I am feeling good.
Funny you say Rhoades is a Guard whisperer, because Coach Davis is a Guard/Defense genius! Hopefully, Davis can stay this will be a good fit for Coach Rhoades!

Reactions: AlienAiden
May 22, 2009
It never felt right rooting against Shaka, he did so much for the program. I didn't want Texas to be better than VCU but I didn't want to see him fail. I don't think I'll feel the same way about Wade and LSU, maybe time will tell, but i doubt it.

Mar 25, 2013
Disgusted. He kept saying he wanted players that wanted to be at VCU. We need a coach that respects VCU. His selfishness could set us back years. I don't care he leaves but he needed to stabilize us first.

Reactions: mrA10 and ramRN12