W3=Wiretap Willie Wade

S. Jackson

Top Member
Aug 17, 2012
Good Luck Willie,

Have fun trying that pound the paint material in the SEC with the current talent on that team.

Especially considering that with the talent down low here at VCU you could only go 0-2 in the A10 Championship and 1-2 in the NCAA tourney.

I guess in a few years I can expect you to be on the next D1 basketball hot seat coaching talk, while VCU is rolling to it's 9th or 10th straight NCAA tourney.

Have fun on the bayou and good riddance.

Mar 14, 2011
All Wade leaving does for me today is make the wounds of 2 years ago open up again.

I wasn't a Wade guy anyway but it makes me miss Shaka all over again. Hoped I'd gotten over that. Guess not.

ramRN12

Top Member
Nov 21, 2013
Its funny to me how now a lot more folks are coming out of the word work and where there once was praise now actually are saying what the really think about the guy.
It's not really all that funny or strange. Everyone has public and private opinions and this is a public forum where talking negatively about our current coach can impact our program with current and future players.

Personaly, I hated the way Wade advertised that he was a low key sideline coach when he was the total opposite. Seeing him screaming at our players always upset and embarrassed me. I know that every coach yells, even if it is behind closed doors, but he always just seemed out of control. That was an opinion I would share with anybody here if we were at a game or a bar together. But I wouldn't blast it across the Internet about a coach I didn't know enough about yet and I think that's pretty normal.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Seriously, did anyone think the guy was really going to stay here for a while? I didn't and have been stating as much since he was hired. Its funny to me how now a lot more folks are coming out of the word work and where there once was praise now actually are saying what the really think about the guy.

At the end of the day, WW is a very good young coach. Not much of a people person. A little quirky. However, he could have lead us in an upward trajectory. Plus he was young and moved quickly nothing in his background said, I am going to stick around.

Is it that we are angry that he jettisoned us faster than any other coach in recent history, or that he supposedly didn't give us a chance to counter?

At the end of the day, we got what we purchased. I'm good with that but the next time out we should be very realistic as to who have hired and what they really want from us.
I think he is being killed right now by VCU fans because of the way he left. His players, coaches and adminstration found out by John Rothstein and text messages. He also, took over in full dumpster fire mode so he left knowing what he was leaving. Another dumpster fire. He did not have the nads to face people that went all out for him. I think that is what is happening.
That is how I feel. It cannot be questioned that he won games. He got a share of a regular season title, two A10 tournament finals and two NCAA tournaments. For that I am thankful but he really showed his arse on the way out. He will get no respect as a person from me.

Last edited:

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I think he is being killed right now by VCU fans because they way he left. His players, coaches and adminstration found out by John Rothstein and text messages. He also, took over in full dumpster fire mode so he left knowing what he was leaving. Another dumpster fire. He did not have the nads to face people that went to hard for him. I think that is what is happening.
That is how I feel. It cannot be questioned that he won games. He got a share of a regular season title, two A10 tournament finals and two NCAA tournaments. For that I am thankful but he really showed his arse on the way out. He will get no respect as a person from me.
AA I agree. There was no reason to do what he did. I do think he played Ed and he didn't have to do so. I think Ed should have known better but I do blame WW for his lack of integrity.

May 22, 2009
Ed did a good job of making Will's buyout very favorable to VCU. LSU now owes us $1,000,000 and now has to play us home and home or buy the series out for any additional $250,000.

Not sure if Texas paid us yet but they owed us $500,000 for hiring Shaka.

Somehow I think Ed is winning especially if we can take the $1.5 mil and hire Mike!