W3=Wiretap Willie Wade

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Watching the LSU - Vandy game and these fans are interesting at best. They are carrying signs and banners that say “Free Will Wade”. What are they asking him to be freed from, the guilt associated with cheating? If it is, then they can rest easy. If he has any guilt it’s from the realization he’s one of dumbest head coaches in college basketball.

Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Watching the LSU - Vandy game and these fans are interesting at best. They are carrying signs and banners that say “Free Will Wade”. What are they asking him to be freed from, the guilt associated with cheating? If it is, then they can rest easy. If he has any guilt it’s from the realization he’s one of dumbest head coaches in college basketball.
This is absolutely surreal considering at one time these same fans wanted Wade gone. I said before that I am positive none of these people gave a crap about basketball before the last couple of years.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
This is absolutely surreal considering at one time these same fans wanted Wade gone. I said before that I am positive none of these people gave a crap about basketball before the last couple of years.

I’ll make a note to never hire a stock broker or financial planner with a degree from LSU in business. Apparently they omitted “Business Ethics” from their curriculum.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
First sign of trouble I noticed was at the VCU-Liberty game. I wasn't that far away from our bench and saw Wade get in Hamdy's face and tell him to shut the fu%$ up and sit the fu%$ down. He was completely out of control.

Compare that childish, petulant, and bullying behavior to Rhoades, who recently said that he was demanding on his players, not demeaning.

Folks, it's a great time to be a Ram!
That was the first time I ever felt uncomfortable at a ball game.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
I directly responded to a list someone asked me about. They listed an entire list of Wade's recruits and asked me a question. I answered the question. I also very clearly said I HAD NO IDEA what the truth is, and mentioned these are the same questions lots of fans and outsiders will naturally have. I couldn't make it anymore clear. If ya'll think people don't already have these questions, you're crazy! All we do on this forum is mention the names of the players and coaches on this team. It's literally a forum dedicated to talking about them. Could I make it ANYMORE clear that I love this team and am not trying to put anyone down?! Just because y'all don't want to face the issues going around doesn't mean people don't want to discuss it. I even said in the what you quoted from me that I'm NOT saying anything happened.
FYI it’s been known that players read this board.

SpiderRAM

Insider
Aug 17, 2014
Thanks, MM. I'm not trying to be disharmonious. I hate when people on this board fight. But, I also hate it when the same core people on here get mad at others for discussing things just because it isn't what they want to see or talk about or exaggerate the things I say. People will always disagree, but I hate the "holier than thou" responses that put me down for naturally voicing concerns and real questions. It's not just on this thread and not just me. Maybe I need a thicker skin to hang around in here.
Not thicker skin, just some restraint on the keyboard. I suggest you direct your concerns and real questions to the AD. He has the answers, we do not.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
To the public, an "independent review" doesn't hold a lot of weight. I am proud they took this step, and it's reassuring they did it at all! I think Wade's first mention of all this last year was why they did it (maybe I'm wrong). However, in light of this new stuff, they may need to make some things about that review more public if they're interested in squashing outside concern. They might not care or do anything else until someone approaches them.

There's also a lot of things that independent review might not have looked into. We have no idea what the scale of it was or what they did.

Again, I'm just trying to explain to you what the outsiders are going to say in response to that statement and why it might not be as reassuring to them as it is to you.
Who cares what the outsiders say? Are you talking about opposing fanbases? Of course they’re going to try to use anything they can to come up with some form of hate. We are fine. We are clean. All is good for VCU.

SpiderRAM

Insider
Aug 17, 2014
Well, it's not my intention to stir rumors. I guess I just want answers to address the rumors I've heard. I read the statement after my initial posts on here last night. It doesn't mention former players or players that aren't on our team at all, and that's what most of the rumors already out there are about. It also doesn't give any details about the independent review like who did it, what they did to investigate, etc. I also would like to see something OFFICIAL from VCU and not transcripted from someone's notes on an iphone. Look, I'm glad they put something out. It's exactly what I wrote that they needed to do last night. I think a few weeks will pass, and this won't be discussed until Wade is in court. I'm concerned something he say will put us back in the discussions, but I sincerely hope not.

You can get mad at me for voicing the concerns, but that's what everyone is thinking. It's natural. I'm over talking about it HERE cause y'all are irrational about it. Instead of discussing it, ya'll want to act like NOTHING has happened and that there's no reason for concern. It might be totally true, but to the public, it LOOKS concerning. Was hoping if anyone on here actually did have any information, they'd give some specifics. Random people saying "Trust me" just doesn't get it done, so I now know I will get no validation for what I was hoping to hear on this forum. I'm over trying to defend why I naturally am worried. It's coming across to you guys as me wanting to put down the team, and that's definitely not my intention. Bullies on VCURamNation win again! Congrats!
If you are concerned that the VCU Athletic Department left out some information you should contact them, not this forum.