W3=Wiretap Willie Wade

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Um he's literally on wiretap taking about paying players. What more proof would you like?
Apparently there are a lot of folks who don't think this is proof. He didn't actually say that he paid anyone. Now, I also believe that he was, but he didn't overtly mention it. It's not "proof" or he'd already have been removed by coaching by the NCAA and the program sanctioned. Believing he did it and proving he did it are two different things. I sure hope they prove it like most around here. He put our program at risk too with his hijinx at LSU.

Reactions: SWV

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Apparently there are a lot of folks who don't think this is proof. He didn't actually say that he paid anyone. Now, I also believe that he was, but he didn't overtly mention it. It's not "proof" or he'd already have been removed by coaching by the NCAA and the program sanctioned. Believing he did it and proving he did it are two different things. I sure hope they prove it like most around here. He put our program at risk too with his hijinx at LSU.
Since people like to inject court standards to this situation, in a civil trial the standard is "more likely than not" it occurred. This isn't a murder trial where it needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Based on has been reported thus far, do you think it's "more likely than not" he cheated?

deadpoet

Top Member
Feb 11, 2010
[
Since people like to inject court standards to this situation, in a civil trial the standard is "more likely than not" it occurred. This isn't a murder trial where it needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Based on has been reported thus far, do you think it's "more likely than not" he cheated?
More likely than not or the preponderance of the evidence.

Wade made the player a strong ass offer.
The player enrolled at LSU.
Therefore, either 1. the player accepted the strong ass offer or 2. the player told Wade to keep his strong ass offer. He was coming anyway.

Which scenario is more likely than not? This is such a conundrum...such a tough decision.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
[

Therefore, either 1. the player accepted the strong ass offer or 2. the player told Wade to keep his strong ass offer. He was coming anyway.

Which scenario is more likely than not? This is such a conundrum...such a tough decision.
You have to also throw in this part regarding the middle man:

“The problem was, I know why he didn’t take it now, it was [expletive] tilted toward the family a little bit,” Wade continued. “It was tilted toward taking care of the mom, taking care of the kid. Like it was tilted towards that. Now I know for a fact he didn’t explain everything to the mom. I know now, he didn’t get enough of the piece of the pie in the deal.”

So what part of the "strong a___ offer" was someone other than the player not getting a enough of a piece of? Wade groupies keep throwing out that the "offer" may not have had anything to do with money or benefits. Someone needs to explain what "piece of the pie" he's referring to? And what is LSU doing to "take care of the family?" I doubt he's talking about a supply of LSU t-shirts.

Last edited:
May 4, 2012
[

The player turned down the strong ass offer. You may recall that Wade was complaining about that.
Offer does not necessarily include cash. And none was mentioned.
It may well have but there is no evidence of that.
Only assumptions.

Reactions: vcu70 and Havoc2Ut2

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
The standard in a civil trial is the preponderance of evidence. Not "more likely than not.'" There is a rather large difference.

By all means i'm not saying nothing could be there, but my opinion isn't the standard. If it were there would be a large variety of opposing politicians in jail.

Last edited:

SZQ VCU

Top Member
Insider
Dec 5, 2012
My guess is they don't have enough to prove just cause yet. I'm sure his attorney is taking the position that Will Wade has not violated the terms of his contract based on information that has been shared to date. LSU is probably doing their due diligence on this right now and also waiting to see if Will Wade testifies for the feds. No way do I think Will Wade is out of the woods yet.
^this

Ramlove81

Top Member
Insider
Dec 4, 2013
And for the thousandth time, let me explain Carolina and maybe blockheads will understand why no NCAA action. First off, athletes weren't the only ones taking the classes-normal students were too. Once normal students took the classes, it went out of NCAA purview. When the NCAA was created, the college Presidents wanted to keep control over their academics. That made sense since they're jobs depend on that. The NCAA itself has said that once normal students were involved, it went beyond the purview and ability to enforce.

The UNC issue, whether you like it or not, is under the purview of the Southern Associate of Colleges and Schools...otherwise known as SACS. If they put you or probation, or remove your accreditation that hurts your school more than the NCAA can. Loss of accreditation would make the paper the diploma's are printed on more valuable. If one doesn't believe losing that hurts, look at the VCU school of mass communications. Between internal issues, and losing accreditation, what was one of the best in the country became dirt.
Which basically means I can create all the classes to get good grades for my athletes I want as long as I open them to other students also and don't go far enough to risk my accreditation. There is no way SACS is going to put UNC on probation for a few classes. Maybe the one department will get a slap on the wrist, the whole university will be fine. What they did was find a way to get away with it.

SWV

Top Member
Jan 10, 2016
Which basically means I can create all the classes to get good grades for my athletes I want as long as I open them to other students also and don't go far enough to risk my accreditation. There is no way SACS is going to put UNC on probation for a few classes. Maybe the one department will get a slap on the wrist, the whole university will be fine. What they did was find a way to get away with it.
Exactly. They found a loophole, that’s all.

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
Wonder why other schools didn't think of this before now?

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
No, he isn't. Did he mention $?
Nope.
It's possible he did on parts of the wiretap that were not leaked but we don't know.
The FBI got involved because actual accounting of payments were found. And schools involved were indicted as a result. Miller and Wade were not.
You can’t be serious if you’re dumb enough to not know what a strong a$$ offer is or stating the offer is above rookie minimum.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
“Strong a$$ offer” and stating the offer is above rookie minimum is very solid proof. Any one is kidding themselves if they think otherwise and try to come up with other things they could mean.

May 4, 2012
You can’t be serious if you’re dumb enough to not know what a strong a$$ offer is or stating the offer is above rookie minimum.
And the NCAA heard everything that you and I did not and reinstatenent happened.
Assumotions not facts.