W3=Wiretap Willie Wade

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
FYI-Alleva's take on Wade:

If he got bad recommendations and still hired WW, then he deserves to lose his job. Found it interesting that he used the same reasoning to not hire Fisher....

Reactions: SWV

Mcuff

Top Member
Jul 27, 2017
I interpreted his comment to mean that he got some recommendations that, in hindsight, were inaccurate.
It really is astonishing that Will Wade is still the coach at LSU. Even if they can not prove any recruit was paid, attempting to pay a recruit should be a terminable offense in my opinion.

Reactions: SWV
Jul 14, 2011
It really is astonishing that Will Wade is still the coach at LSU. Even if they can not prove any recruit was paid, attempting to pay a recruit should be a terminable offense in my opinion.
You mean like Bill Self, Sean Miller, Bruce Pearl, Calipari, etc? heck Shaka even had players who were brought up in the FBI report. Until there is concrete evidence that isn't coming from leaks and "unreliable" witnesses, we wont see coaches being terminated. It is just the landscape of the NCAA.

Mcuff

Top Member
Jul 27, 2017
You mean like Bill Self, Sean Miller, Bruce Pearl, Calipari, etc? heck Shaka even had players who were brought up in the FBI report. Until there is concrete evidence that isn't coming from leaks and "unreliable" witnesses, we wont see coaches being terminated. It is just the landscape of the NCAA.
I have been following the Wade situation closer than the others, but were any of those close to as egregious as Wade's? In Wade's situation the evidence is concrete (of an attempt). Unless the recording was a hoax.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
If he got bad recommendations and still hired WW, then he deserves to lose his job. Found it interesting that he used the same reasoning to not hire Fisher....
I suspect he means "faulty" recommendations, not negative evaluations. People told him Frank was a decent human being, and he believed him.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Concrete evidence? You mean like, wiretap recordings?

Reactions: VCU94MCV98 and SWV