W3=Wiretap Willie Wade

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Well, he is paying the staff of the Smoothie King Center so the money went to good use.
I was not a fan of his when he went to college, but he seems like a good person. He stepped up for those workers in that arena. For me, paying players says more about the coaches and schools than it does about the high school players.

Reactions: rammad90
Mar 1, 2015
I don’t think money floating around in college sports says anything about the players or coaches. It’s the way it is. You can’t make something this much of an enterprise, and then expect anything else

Clearly, there is to much money involved, but that’s a reflection of our misguided priorities as a culture.

With so much fat available, spread it around.

Reactions: mrgeode and SWV

Ramdamonium

Top Member
Feb 24, 2015
As Rothstein says: Will Wade--American Gangster.

I'm not sure that it's gangster to be one of the few coaches stupid enough to put themselves directly in the line of fire on this and get nailed.

It would be naive to think this isn't prevalent in college ball, but a little plausible deniability sure goes a long way in cases like this.

If the NCAA doesn't act decisively I think they can say goodbye to any pretense of integrity they may have left.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I'm not sure that it's gangster to be one of the few coaches stupid enough to put themselves directly in the line of fire on this and get nailed.

It would be naive to think this isn't prevalent in college ball, but a little plausible deniability sure goes a long way in cases like this.

If the NCAA doesn't act decisively I think they can say goodbye to any pretense of integrity they may have left.

At the very least, this HBO documentary may force LSU's hand regarding Will Wade. Going to be hard to hide from the court of public opinion after this documentary is released.

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
At the very least, this HBO documentary may force LSU's hand regarding Will Wade. Going to be hard to hide from the court of public opinion after this documentary is released.
Probably good timing for wee willy. Not sure anybody in the court of public opinion gives a rats ass about LSU, Will Wade and even college basketball for that matter right now. Too many other things to worry about right now.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
If he survives it will be at the expense of the integrity of all of college basketball.
Maybe. Maybe not. Heck, over the weekend CBS showed the national championship game between Memphis and Kansas. I found it funny since Memphis had their season wiped out due to the D Rose scandal.

Reactions: mrgeode

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Probably good timing for wee willy. Not sure anybody in the court of public opinion gives a rats ass about LSU, Will Wade and even college basketball for that matter right now. Too many other things to worry about right now.

Sports fans are totally bored out of their minds right now, even with the pandemic impacting everyone. I sense there could be a very large audience watching this documentary, and no other sports to speak of to suppress tons of dialog regarding the documentary. And the court of public opinion reaches a lot further than the LSU fan footprint. Sean Miller and Arizona are also in play in this documentary.

Reactions: SpiderRAM