W3=Wiretap Willie Wade

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Am I the only one that thought the documentary was lame? It was basically a guy the FBI engaged to take down others. No wonder Wade is OK because it is entrapment. That said, I am no lawyer :lol:
Definitely a lot to unpack in the documentary. If you take a minute and put aside your feeling regardless which side you are on and observe some of what was conveyed It's obvious it was intended to show Dawkins in the best light possible(No one has ever told a story about themselves that didn't shine a good light on it.) With that being said a couple of things can still be taken away

• Shoe Companies are gangsta. I'd be willing to say that 95% of any money paid to a kid or his family came from a shoe company.
  • No reasonable person in authority would have authorized the type of money that spent to catch a few individuals paying players. Someone didn't get the operation authorized as the right level because once it hit the right level, it was shutdown.
  • The NCAA(non-profit) does not want shoe companies, management companies, etc to pay kids directly because if that happens, the need for them to pump millions into the NCAA goes away
  • Coaches are just pawns in the whole scenario

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

ShoeSh1ne

Insider
Mar 7, 2009
And how much $ did he offer ?
I quote - "We'll give him more than the D-League." A quick google says that the minimum there is $35k a season, so we can deduce from these two pieces of information that the amount was greater than $35k.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Dickie V. providing his take on the Arizona/LSU situations.

Dick Vitale

@DickieV

Many naysayers claim the @NCAA enforcement staff will not do anything in relation to the sleazy stuff shown during The SCHEME & the hoop trials . Trust me reliable sources tell me that LSU & ARIZONA basketball will be hit with MAJOR allegations by the NCAA .
9:47 AM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Reactions: SpiderRAM

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Dickie V. providing his take on the Arizona/LSU situations.

Dick Vitale
@DickieV

Many naysayers claim the @NCAA enforcement staff will not do anything in relation to the sleazy stuff shown during The SCHEME & the hoop trials . Trust me reliable sources tell me that LSU & ARIZONA basketball will be hit with MAJOR allegations by the NCAA .
9:47 AM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Ha! They'll be banned from post-season competition for the 2019-2020 season!

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I'm don't think Wade is much different that any other coach from the power programs. My opinion is he didn't have enough experience to distance himself from the "game".
UCLA, Under Armour, $280 million

Ohio State, Nike, $252 million

Texas, Nike, $250 million

Michigan, Nike, $169 million

Notre Dame, Under Armour, $90 million

LSU, Nike, $40 million

In LSU's case its a 10 year approx 4 mil a year with 1 mil in cash and 3 mil in "apparel" (It should also be noted that the apparel number is based on the retail value of the items and the school pays wholesale so that actually get some of that in cash as well. Anyone who thinks shoe companies are not passing money to kids, even non NBA level kids, is just fooling yourself. WW mistake was not having one of his assistants do it. And frankly, I don't know how much of a choice some of these schools have because they need the equipment and when a person or company giving you millions tells you to do something....well it gets done

May 4, 2012
I quote - "We'll give him more than the D-League." A quick google says that the minimum there is $35k a season, so we can deduce from these two pieces of information that the amount was greater than $35k.
And what's the tuition/Room & board at LSU ?