W3=Wiretap Willie Wade

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
For Louisville, I would think he’s already looking at real estate just on the prospect

With what Louisville has gone through with the last two coaches, I can't even imagine them even giving Will Wade a sniff. He's still under investigation by the NCAA and that's the last thing Louisville needs right now.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
With what Louisville has gone through with the last two coaches, I can't even imagine them even giving Will Wade a sniff. He's still under investigation by the NCAA and that's the last thing Louisville needs right now.
There you go thinking rationally again, we are talking Louisville….they hired Bobby Petrino a second time. There are probably better candidates on record/accomplishments alone, but let’s not kid ourselves….winning and beating Kentucky is the name of the game there, all other matters take a back seat. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a serious run at Kelvin Sampson or Dana Altman.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
There you go thinking rationally again, we are talking Louisville….they hired Bobby Petrino a second time. There are probably better candidates on record/accomplishments alone, but let’s not kid ourselves….winning and beating Kentucky is the name of the game there, all other matters take a back seat. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a serious run at Kelvin Sampson.
Exactly. Wade, Sampson, Pearl... makes no difference whatsoever if they beat Kentucky.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Louisville isn’t a better job than LSU at the moment.

Wade seems more like a Kentucky guy anyway.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Louisville isn’t a better job than LSU at the moment.

Wade seems more like a Kentucky guy anyway.
Louisville is a decidedly better basketball job—the resources, facilities, fan base and NIL available cash trump LSU significantly.

Chris Mack was overmatched there from the jump and the way he handled the Gaudio situation backed him into a corner of ”win or else”. At the moment they are wounded because of Mack. The ceiling for that program is much, much higher.

He!!, we have a family friend who is one of LSU’s biggest boosters and he can’t even be bothered to talk basketball. It’s night and day.

That said, you are right, Will is probably not a great fit, but Sampson would be and if Altman wanted to move, i think he would be perfect.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Louisville is a decidedly better basketball job—the resources, facilities, fan base and NIL available cash trump LSU significantly.

Chris Mack was overmatched there from the jump and the way he handled the Gaudio situation backed him into a corner of ”win or else”. At the moment they are wounded because of Mack. The ceiling for that program is much, much higher.

He!!, we have a family friend who is one of LSU’s biggest boosters and he can’t even be bothered to talk basketball. It’s night and day.

That said, you are right, Will is probably not a great fit, but Sampson would be and if Altman wanted to move, i think he would be perfect.
Rumors are that Nate Oats and Bruce Pearl are also interested.

VCU Heel

Elite Member

Because of the SEC’s expansion and pending football TV contract, LSU will have tens of millions of dollars a year in athletic revenues than Louisville and other ACC schools.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Because of the SEC’s expansion and pending football TV contract, LSU will have tens of millions of dollars a year in athletic revenues than Louisville and other ACC schools.
Valid point, certainly makes the case for resources. Being real though, those increases will primarily go to football and title IX equity. I’d still go with UofL as being a better basketball destination once Mack is shown the door.