Want some good feelings?

fmrick

Elite Member
Insider
First, hats off to @Mistachill !!

I was looking at some YouTube stuff last night after the Colts game and a random video came up in my suggestions screen. It was the 2013 VCU vs Virginia Tech game.

The game was posted by MistaChill. It contains some really cool stuff, including the 31 point streak in the first half when VCU totally destroyed Tech. It was a fun game to watch. Too much fun, by the end I was so pumped up I did not get to sleep until 3:30 am.

But is was not just the game, and my memories of the game (this is my favorite game of all time). There are so many special moments in that game. The Band, the crowd, the fans and seeing how this team played like they were having fun. We had a very deep team and we just kept overwhelming an out matched Va Tech team.

There is a moment around the 16:30 mark in the first half where they are talking about a red-shirt freshman for VCU. One of the announcers says- "If you are an NFL scout and don't come to see this guy play, you are making a mistake". Wow. He was a FRESHMAN!

This video should be required watching for all VCU fans each year. And the team. And the Administration. And the Band. The way the team worked together. The way ALL the parts worked together. It should be the roadmap. A pattern to follow. Put all the parts together and let it all fall into place.

Again, thanks to Chill for the putting these games up where we can all watch. It is a cool sight to see, watch games from the past. If you are interested in watching some good basketball just search for MistaChill. Then subscribe to his channel. That will bring up a lot of games for you to watch. But make sure you watch this one. You won't be disappointed.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

I was looking at some YouTube stuff last night after the Colts game and a random video came up in my suggestions screen. It was the 2013 VCU vs Virginia Tech game.

The game was posted by MistaChill. It contains some really cool stuff, including the 31 point streak in the first half when VCU totally destroyed Tech. It was a fun game to watch. Too much fun, by the end I was so pumped up I did not get to sleep until 3:30 am.

But is was not just the game, and my memories of the game (this is my favorite game of all time). There are so many special moments in that game. The Band, the crowd, the fans and seeing how this team played like they were having fun. We had a very deep team and we just kept overwhelming an out matched Va Tech team.

There is a moment around the 16:30 mark in the first half where they are talking about a red-shirt freshman for VCU. One of the announcers says- "If you are an NFL scout and don't come to see this guy play, you are making a mistake". Wow. He was a FRESHMAN!

This video should be required watching for all VCU fans each year. And the team. And the Administration. And the Band. The way the team worked together. The way ALL the parts worked together. It should be the roadmap. A pattern to follow. Put all the parts together and let it all fall into place.

Again, thanks to Chill for the putting these games up where we can all watch. It is a cool sight to see, watch games from the past. If you are interested in watching some good basketball just search for MistaChill. Then subscribe to his channel. That will bring up a lot of games for you to watch. But make sure you watch this one. You won't be disappointed.
Tech jumped out to a 6-0 lead :lol: Oh and @Mistachill's profile pic is the former Tech coach looking sad in that game. Ha!

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

@Mistachill is the best. Thanks to him I've been able to watch some of the older games that people talk about but that I never got to see back in the day (and a few that I never saw on TV but was at in person).

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I remember Tech fans talking $#!t to myself & other rowdy alums after that 6-0 run.... started talking crap about us and was like "How bout yalls football team?" blah blah blah..... then we go on a massive run & the $#!t talking from us began.... he was gone before halftime LOL

BGDragoon80

Insider
I love the comment by the announcer saying Mo Allie Cox being his favorite player and the NFL scouts should take note.

SpiderRAM

Elite Member
Insider
A group of high school boys wearing Spider gear sat behind us during that game. It was hilarious to listen to them talk about the VCU players’ size and skill.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
A group of high school boys wearing Spider gear sat behind us during that game. It was hilarious to listen to them talk about the VCU players’ size and skill.
Did UR play that same day? Oh, never mind. They lost to Mason :lol:

urmite

Elite Member
Did UR play that same day? Oh, never mind. They lost to Mason :lol:
That was the year before...Led 61-49 Lost 64-67...
Wasn't the Governor's Classic one game a year?
However, we did lose OT to Ohio the day after your Tech game...

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
That was the year before...Led 61-49 Lost 64-67...
Wasn't the Governor's Classic one game a year?
However, we did lose OT to Ohio the day after your Tech game...
You are right. JMU beat Mason I think.