Welcome Back Ryan

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Every one of those attending should realize the game day experience is in your hands.
I wish on gamedays, banners could be hung over every entrance reminding people the library is across town, you're now entering the doors of a crazy house, not intended or designed to be comfortable nor your spot to be entertained, it's a place to let go, get loose, get wild, where we all work together to make this place something to fear.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I wish on gamedays, banners could be hung over every entrance reminding people the library is across town, you're now entering the doors of a crazy house, not intended or designed to be comfortable nor your spot to be entertained, it's a place to let go, get loose, get wild, where we all work together to make this place something to fear.
I love what you are saying but some do come to sit and watch. Something like this helps but turning corporate visitors into diehard wild fans is not gonna happen. Students being wild is important though.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
corporate visitors
We can agree to disagree, here. There's nothing wrong with cutting loose nor is it too much to ask for them to get out of their comfort zone and participate in 2 hours of complete unobliterated lunacy. It's therapeutic.
Sit and watch is the problem.
You go home afterward, you feel like you've been on a 2-hour rollercoaster ride where the seat under you is still moving. THAT'S the gameday experience we're iso.
We have to work on sit and watch being the outlier, inappropriate, which it should feel like in there.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
We can agree to disagree, here. There's nothing wrong with cutting loose nor is it too much to ask for them to get out of their comfort zone and participate in 2 hours of complete unobliterated lunacy. It's therapeutic.
You go home afterward, you feel like you've been on a 2-hour rollercoaster ride where the seat under you is still moving. THAT'S the gameday experience we're iso.
We have to work on sit and watch being the outlier, inappropriate, which it should feel like in there.
We need to trade Dr. Raymond Cocteau type attendees for Edgar Friendly type attendees.

Mercury

Elite Member

This kind of attitude is more likely to get those who want to sit and watch a basketball game just decide to stay home. The Stu, just like the rest of our university, should be a place where all are welcomed.

PhantomRam

Elite Member
As someone who sat directly in front of you and Kat for a couple of years I can attest that the Stu became a place to fear for me!!! 🤣🥳

good step in the right direction! Now we need to bring back the student incentives - jerseys, pizza, etc. based on how many games you attend.
If you have to be bribed to go to games with pizza and soda you are not going o ad to the atmosphere.
Make it fun and the kids might come back.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
This kind of attitude is more likely to get those who want to sit and watch a basketball game just decide to stay home. The Stu, just like the rest of our university, should be a place where all are welcomed.
Oh they are 100% welcome to come get rowdy and make something special happen and be tired the next day like the rest of us!

VCUBeatsduke

Elite Member
I was there in 2011 in Houston when @TTL PKG and the Peppas completely destroyed UCONN, Butler, and Kentucky band at battle of the bands. The MC had to enforce a time limit for each band and just waived it with Ryan. He single handily whooped the other bands into submission. There was no voting - it was just given to the Peppas.

I am a huge fan of Ryan’s. He represents what makes VCU - VCU. He is confident, brash, willing to color EXTREMELY outside the lines, and he brings it every game. Ryan and VCU were made for one another. Let’s just say, I am jacked about coming to the Stu this Fall!

Go get ‘em Ryan and thank you Ed!

Since they crawled back on their knees, I hope they created a monster- totally out of control. Wonder what he got? Ed’s parking space and a long list of absurd demands as a discussion starter.