Welcome Back Ryan

dflovelace

Insider
Looking forward to an awesome year! We have a great group of players and I see a revitalization of the Peppas and student section on the way….the Stu will be rocking again! Can’t wait for bball season to start. Yea Ryan!

I was there in 2011 in Houston when @TTL PKG and the Peppas completely destroyed UCONN, Butler, and Kentucky band at battle of the bands. The MC had to enforce a time limit for each band and just waived it with Ryan. He single handily whooped the other bands into submission. There was no voting - it was just given to the Peppas.

I am a huge fan of Ryan’s. He represents what makes VCU - VCU. He is confident, brash, willing to color EXTREMELY outside the lines, and he brings it every game. Ryan and VCU were made for one another. Let’s just say, I am jacked about coming to the Stu this Fall!

Go get ‘em Ryan and thank you Ed!
And he's a Firefighter/Arson Investigator!

This may be easier....

First off no excuses. I own it all. If its great then great the kids were wonderful. If it sucks then I suck. Im fine with that. Trust me I know what im up against. Im not dumb. Im older, the kids are different, they arent the ones I had a relationship with yada yada. We are going to do the best with what we have. So please no excuses for me.

Dont worry about me being handcuffed I have a feeling im more likely to get fired this time around for not following the "rules" more than anything else. I will be resonible and logical and at times thats stopping for a promo. SOMETIMES thats driving the darn train through the wall. LETS GO!

I will sit in on game day meetings and while I wont claim to be in charge I will have input.

As far as the Rowdies, I will take a more active role with them. If it takes pizzas and t shirts so be it. It has to be desireable before it becomes to die for. We will get there.

I WILL be rusty. Especially at first but would you know the difference LOL I mean I feel put under the microscope already. I live for it. So all im saying is the first time the shirt is ripped maybe not all the buttons pop off. the 2nd time GAME OVER

I know the ones of you who arent super excited for me to be back or dont want me back. Thats fine I respect that but dont sell the experience short for everyone. All I ask for is fairness to the group and fairness to your own opinions so that we can have a resonible conversation.

Lastly LETS GO
Ryan - I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you are back. We started season tickets when my daughter started at VCU in 2006. Your energy was part of what made this a place that you had to experience in person and could not truly describe it to someone.

While we love the Rams and the Peppas, it was not the same without you, as everyone here has already said. This afternoon, my daughter who now has children of her own couldn't wait to text me the news that you were back. We'll be there, this time with our granddaughters, the next generation of VCU fans.

We are pumped. Thanks in advance for working to help make this the VCU experience that we've found so infectious and irresistible for all those years.

Mistachill

Elite Member
Great news! But what happened to the previous band leader? As much as we love Ryan we should at least acknowledge the efforts of his replacement over the past several years. He stepped into a very difficult, no-win situation. Took a lot of stones.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Great news! But what happened to the previous band leader? As much as we love Ryan we should at least acknowledge the efforts of his replacement over the past several years. He stepped into a very difficult, no-win situation. Took a lot of stones.
Coston became the Director of Concert Bands at VCU with Dr. Austin's retirement. That was announced weeks ago if I remember right.

TTL PKG

Elite Member
Insider
Ryan - I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you are back. We started season tickets when my daughter started at VCU in 2006. Your energy was part of what made this a place that you had to experience in person and could not truly describe it to someone.

While we love the Rams and the Peppas, it was not the same without you, as everyone here has already said. This afternoon, my daughter who now has children of her own couldn't wait to text me the news that you were back. We'll be there, this time with our granddaughters, the next generation of VCU fans.

We are pumped. Thanks in advance for working to help make this the VCU experience that we've found so infectious and irresistible for all those years.
May I share this story tomorrow?

TTL PKG

Elite Member
Insider
Yes Duane really got what he excels at. He is a wonderful music educator who is beyond talented. The school of music is very lucky to have him!

TTL PKG

Elite Member
Insider
It makes me a little sad that Bones never got the Ryan Experience with the band as a player……there is nothing more stunning than when swag meets swag!
I’m sad for Ryan that I didn’t get to play while Bones was here. Who knows I may be on his patrols. I think he’ll be ok 😂

I know what you’re saying though. Would have crushed

I took my Grandson to the 2014 NCAA Tournament. We played the Peppas CD on loop during the drive to San Diego. He kept saying, "I've got to meet Ryan"! He got his wish just before the second half.

Attachments

• Logan and Ryan.jpg
    Logan and Ryan.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 9