Welcome Back Ryan

cabell

Elite Member
Insider
This may be easier....

First off no excuses. I own it all. If its great then great the kids were wonderful. If it sucks then I suck. Im fine with that. Trust me I know what im up against. Im not dumb. Im older, the kids are different, they arent the ones I had a relationship with yada yada. We are going to do the best with what we have. So please no excuses for me.

Dont worry about me being handcuffed I have a feeling im more likely to get fired this time around for not following the "rules" more than anything else. I will be resonible and logical and at times thats stopping for a promo. SOMETIMES thats driving the darn train through the wall. LETS GO!

I will sit in on game day meetings and while I wont claim to be in charge I will have input.

As far as the Rowdies, I will take a more active role with them. If it takes pizzas and t shirts so be it. It has to be desireable before it becomes to die for. We will get there.

I WILL be rusty. Especially at first but would you know the difference LOL I mean I feel put under the microscope already. I live for it. So all im saying is the first time the shirt is ripped maybe not all the buttons pop off. the 2nd time GAME OVER

I know the ones of you who arent super excited for me to be back or dont want me back. Thats fine I respect that but dont sell the experience short for everyone. All I ask for is fairness to the group and fairness to your own opinions so that we can have a resonible conversation.

Lastly LETS GO
You da man!

About darn time. The Peppas have low key sucked for years now and the fans have been tame

It worked when I was there. People that were only doing it at first for the free gear actually started to get into the games. The enthusiasm is contagious and nothing draws a crowd like a crowd.
counterpoint: UR has been doing it for years and they only sell out when we come over.

About darn time. The Peppas have low key sucked for years now and the fans have been tame
Woooow.

I can't tell you how strongly I disagree with your post or I'd be banned for life from this forum.

I will point out that the decline in gameday energy is very closely related to Bree Sisson coming out; every time out, and stopping the momentum with some dumb contest.

I don't even hate Bree, because as I'm sure you know the opposite of love isn't hate it's indifference., and I really don't care about anything else she does.

But whomever thought having ANYONE act as an MC, hype person or whatever the role is was wrong.

Ryan or no Ryan, the band and crowd are not going to be cooking with that factor in place.

Unless that is curtailed or removed he's not going to be able to make that much of a difference.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
@TTL PKG Welcome Back Ryan! Can't wait to see & hear you back in action. Sure you may be rusty at first, and it may take some of the newer Peppas who never experienced a Game Day while you were running things and/or ever played with you on a Band Day or volunteered to play for the Peppas at a game, to get used to your style, But I know in due time.... you will be out there putting on a show for the fans, have some tricks/guests up your sleeves as you once did.... and I'm ready for every second of it.

If nothing else, I'll just be happy with better placement/timing of key songs like "It's Havoc You Fear" or "You Don't Want To Go to War".

Not going to point fingers, cause I don't know whose call it was..... but that was my biggest issue under Duane's regime. Again I don't know whose call it was.... but I knew going in, things were not going to be nearly the same as they were when you last were in charge. That's not a knock on him either, you all are just 2 different people that bring different energies to what you do, but yall are both good at what you do.

PhantomRam

Elite Member
Ryan, thanks for coming to RN and responding to us. You are part of us. Besides bringing you back I think the biggest revelation is that Ed is actually listening. Kudos to Ed on this. Next question, is the Superman shirt washed pressed and ready to go? And does it still fit?? :lol:

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
Great news! But what happened to the previous band leader? As much as we love Ryan we should at least acknowledge the efforts of his replacement over the past several years. He stepped into a very difficult, no-win situation. Took a lot of stones.
Manfully, he fell onto a sharpened piccolo and was carried out on his cymbal.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Here's a question for those in the know. Do the Peppas qualify for NIL money? Seems like the logical way to fund the group. Everyone else is grabbing for a piece of the pie.

Here's a question for those in the know. Do the Peppas qualify for NIL money? Seems like the logical way to fund the group. Everyone else is grabbing for a piece of the pie.
The NCAA can only block money going to SCHOLARSHIP ATHELETES .
Not volunteer band members.
I'm pretty sure there would be nothing to stop anyone setting up a go fund me or the band.

JDI

Insider
@TTL PKG Welcome Back Ryan! Can't wait to see & hear you back in action. Sure you may be rusty at first, and it may take some of the newer Peppas who never experienced a Game Day while you were running things and/or ever played with you on a Band Day or volunteered to play for the Peppas at a game, to get used to your style, But I know in due time.... you will be out there putting on a show for the fans, have some tricks/guests up your sleeves as you once did.... and I'm ready for every second of it.

If nothing else, I'll just be happy with better placement/timing of key songs like "It's Havoc You Fear" or "You Don't Want To Go to War".

Not going to point fingers, cause I don't know whose call it was..... but that was my biggest issue under Duane's regime. Again I don't know whose call it was.... but I knew going in, things were not going to be nearly the same as they were when you last were in charge. That's not a knock on him either, you all are just 2 different people that bring different energies to what you do, but yall are both good at what you do.
Believe Ryan feels it's time to move on from War with fresh material as he stated in the interview.

Believe Ryan feels it's time to move on from War with fresh material as he stated in the interview.
I'm pretty sure he is going to have the bands base all the music going forward on recorded whale songs and the music of composer Philip Glass, he wants a fresh new direction