Welcome Marcus Tsohonis!!!

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Maaaaaan...this dude is a player.
15 @ Oregon
27 v. Colorado
22 v. UCLA
...very capable of putting the ball in the hoop against good competition. When he signed he was a luxury, but now with Ace going down he's going to be one of the players we rely on the most.
Not so sure he was a luxury, but get your point. I think he was being counted on to replace some of Bone's scoring from the start. Now with Ace out, at least for a while, his roll just increased a great deal. Hear from some of my Portland friends they think he's up to it. Sometimes his play looks a little unorthodox, but teams have a hard time keeping him from putting the ball in the basket.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
I think he is finally playing without the groin/thigh kinesiology tape right? That was something I noticed early on and was looking for it's removal as a sign that his recovery was headed in the right direction.

RamBamBiggalow

Elite Member
When I played football in high school I had a terrible groin pull my sophomore season. my leg was bruised black all the way down past my knee and entire thigh. I was severely limited for almost 3 weeks and it lingered the whole season.

So I would never dismiss how much impact this injury has had on Marcus' early run here. And coupled with being expected to run a whole new squad, it's not hard to believe that the results have been sub-optimal.

He looked much better in Atlantis. I still got a tremendous amount of hope for this guy and don't think we have seen his best yet at all. I believe he is gonna break out soon. I have a feeling he is going to be a key contributor down the stretch of the season.

When I played football in high school I had a terrible groin pull my sophomore season. my leg was bruised black all the way down past my knee and entire thigh. I was severely limited for almost 3 weeks and it lingered the whole season.

So I would never dismiss how much impact this injury has had on Marcus' early run here. And coupled with being expected to run a whole new squad, it's not hard to believe that the results have been sub-optimal.

He looked much better in Atlantis. I still got a tremendous amount of hope for this guy and don't think we have seen his best yet at all. I believe he is gonna break out soon. I have a feeling he is going to be a key contributor down the stretch of the season.
The way he looked in first home stand was horrific, and completely inconsistent with someone whose been a 40% career shooter from 3. He wasn't even close to the rim on many of his shots, and I don't think that was attributable to great D. it just didn't add up without considering his injury.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider

Curtis Samuel was down for four months and still not right to start the NFL season, groin pulls are no joke and mess with the entire core if really bad.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Curtis Samuel was down for four months and still not right to start the NFL season, groin pulls are no joke and mess with the entire core if really bad.
That's what he said.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
you know one time back in high school I pulled my groin really hard and it felt so good I did it again

(that one-liner always makes me laugh when the subject of groin pulls comes up haha)

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
Besides getting more comfortable with the pace and getting over an injury, the obvious thing is the return of Ace and a change of how and when used as to Tso.

Prior to ACE-- Tsohonis was 5-19 from 3 a rate of 26,3%. note that 3 of those makes were in a one game mini hot streak

Since ACE returned-Tsohonis 11-17. 64.7% rate. ( and yes a big spurt yesterday helped but he was trending better immediately )

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Besides getting more comfortable with the pace and getting over an injury, the obvious thing is the return of Ace and a change of how and when used as to Tso.

Prior to ACE-- Tsohonis was 5-19 from 3 a rate of 26,3%. note that 3 of those makes were in a one game mini hot streak

Since ACE returned-Tsohonis 11-17. 64.7% rate. ( and yes a big spurt yesterday helped but he was trending better immediately )
Yet another example of how the whole team got better after Ace returned, and how much better Ace makes the whole team.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Even before yesterday, he was 6-13 from deep over that span. But according to the SLU board, he's a "transfer bust". Can't wait to beat them at their place. Wonder if he'll turn into just another "one-trick pony" according to EightLegger. 🤭

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
yeah Tso Liberated is shaping up to be a real handful for the competition, real interested to see what his post-ACE scoring and shooting averages will be looking like over the next couple months. Keep feeding him those open, clean looks and he will keep knocking em down!