Welcome Marcus Tsohonis!!!

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I think we need a player like him. If Hyland leaves we have to have a guard. If he’s toxic or it’s not working, they can toss him back into the portal.
Why are people on here talking about him being toxic or not a team player or stuff about team chemistry? Where is that coming from.....I've seen a couple of posts in this thread about that. But I've not seen or read anything about such stuff while he was at Washington......so why the comments on here?

Last edited:

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Why are people on here talking about him being toxic or not a team player or stuff about team chemistry? Where is that coming from.....I've seen a couple of posts about that. I've not seen or read anything about such stuff while he was at Washington......so why the comments on here?
It's really unfortunate that, even on the very day the kid commits, uninformed people feel the need to jump in and dump on him. I don't understand it. It's like they earn a bonus for being the first to crap on a new commit. Turns my stomach.

I don’t see any actual speculation. I’m just saying we could use him, and IF it doesn’t work, oh well, had to have a guard.

Scubacane

Elite Member
We are loaded top to bottom IMO. If Hyland returns , I suspect we will be top 20 to start year.
If he goes, we will be Top 20 by mid year. MR is doing a hellava job- I’m sure he is scheming about possible rotations as we speak.

VCURAMIT

Elite Member
I certainly trust the judgment of the coaches regarding players who fit our culture and needs, so welcome to Marcus! Interesting to see us picking up P5 kids from across the country now, I'm not mad about it.

GarseIronjade

Elite Member
From what I've seen, this kid was probably one of the best parts of an otherwise mediocre Washington team last season, but he can really score from anywhere and despite the Huskies' struggles, he played extremely well against Pac-12 competition. He has the potential to be an immediate impact player for us next season, especially now that he no longer has to deal with Bill Walton.

Also, @duncanlamb, could you PLEASE put a freaking space in Marcus Tsohonis' name? That just looks embarrassing. ;)

Unfortunately, there's a substantial chance that the OP just isn't gonna fix this. AA did get him to at least put the correct name (sort of) on the thread from "MarkTsohonis!!!" to "MarcusTsohonis!!!"

A greatway to welcomeour newplayer!!!

Welcome aboard, Marcus. I really don’t understand this forum sometimes
A mix of passion and paranoia will do that.

Honestly, trying to get info from second-hand accounts of second-hand sources regarding a team that plays on the other side of the country is just asking for trouble. It's possible that those second-hand sources are sour that he decided to transfer out of the program and are just throwing smoke to lower his value on the transfer market.

The film says this guy can shoot, which is something we can always use more of. We should leave it at that and not give any mind to rumors about being a bad teammate or whatnot.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Why are people on here talking about him being toxic or not a team player or stuff about team chemistry? Where is that coming from.....I've seen a couple of posts about that. I've not seen or read anything about such stuff while he was at Washington......so why the comments on here?
I can speak to my comment about chemistry. That is always the case when bringing in a transfer. It is obvious that he was brought in to be a shooter for VCU. It is needed and hopefully he will be successful for our Rams. He came off the Washington bench most of the time and he had several games where he went off.

Now Jayden Nunn the 2021 guard that decommitted from Iowa State makes his announcement on Sunday. We are hearing that VCU has a really good shot at him. Jimmy Nichols was brought in to replace Douglas and Medley-Bacon. I am not sure yet if Levi Stockard is going to stay. Rhoades is doing his best to assemble a solid roster for next season. All the young guys looked good last year and the incoming freshman class looks to contribute right away. I just hope that Tsohonis does not think he has to be the #1 scorer at VCU and takes wild high volume shots. Heck, maybe he will end up being the the go to guy. We shall see.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I can speak to my comment about chemistry. That is always the case when bringing in a transfer. It is obvious that he was brought in to be a shooter for VCU. It is needed and hopefully he will be successful for our Rams. He came off the Washington bench most of the time and he had several games where he went off.

Now Jayden Nunn the 2021 guard that decommitted from Iowa State makes his announcement on Sunday. We are hearing that VCU has a really good shot at him. Jimmy Nichols was brought in to replace Douglas and Medley-Bacon. I am not sure yet if Levi Stockard is going to stay. Rhoades is doing his best to assemble a solid roster for next season. All the young guys looked good last year and the incoming freshman class looks to contribute right away. I just hope that Tsohonis does not think he has to be the #1 scorer at VCU and takes wild high volume shots. Heck, maybe he will end up being the the go to guy. We shall see.
Remember that UWash sucked last year, and the coach had Marcus on a yo-yo string, on and off the bench. In that situation, it would not surprise me if he felt he needed to make an instant impact on the floor every time he saw it. That leads to injudicious shot selection. And yet he still killed it from deep.

I agree that he needs to settle in and recognize all the talent around him, and let the game come to him. I see no reason to think he won't.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
Might have a st. Bonnies style team next year. 5 guys averaging 10+ At the top. But we’ll be deep and could 4-5 other guys average 5+ If bones goes pro.

williams 10+
jamir 10+
Tsohonis 10+ (did it in the pac)
Ward 10+
Possibly Ace 10+ on 7 shots lol.

Levi, Banks, Curry, MBJ, Kern, Deloach could have 5-10 on any given night. No idea what t expect from Jimmy

dont expect JMac to score a ton but will play and contribute in things not seen in the box.