Welcome Mikeal Brown Jones!!

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Does he already have 3 point range in his game? Tillman developed it late. Or maybe was only allowed to showcase it late.
Tillman could always shoot the 3, did it in high school. Wade held him back, Rhoades let him shoot. Interesting fact, Tillman shot the same percentage from 3 during his first season shooting 3s for us, that Jenkins shot last season, 33%. So it would've been nice if Tillman was able to shoot them his whole career here (or at least after Gilmore left) and develop it more, especially in games like Illinois when everyone else were throwing up bricks.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
In 5 games, 7-14 from field(50%), 5-6 from the foul line(83.3%).

2 really nice high low passes to stockard and ward for a layup and a dunk respectively..

The only negative I have is his tendency to dribble drive too deep from the foul line on layup attempts. He puts himself under the basket where multiple bigs wait to block his layup. If he get his shot off at before that point, it's either 2 or a foul.

Reactions: thelonious_chunk

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
In 5 games, 7-14 from field(50%), 5-6 from the foul line(83.3%).

2 really nice high low passes to stockard and ward for a layup and a dunk respectively..

The only negative I have is his tendency to dribble drive too deep from the foul line on layup attempts. He puts himself under the basket where multiple bigs wait to block his layup. If he get his shot off at before that point, it's either 2 or a foul.
Gotta watch out for those bugs.

Reactions: duncanlamb

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
I will also add he is doing a great job trapping ball handlers from thr weakside as they cross mid court and hedging screens. He is so quick defensively for a guy his size.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
MBJ is a little raw, but he reminds of Mo a little bit. Mo played a lot as a freshman and was very athletic. I see some similarities and you can tell he has a high motor.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
MBJ is a unique player...I think Robbie was asking Rodney who he reminded him of and Litos texted '...bigger Nick George...'. Probably the closest comparison.

All I know is (to borrow an over-used comment) he's a grown a$$ man out there & a tough match up. love this class/team.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
MBJ is a unique player...I think Robbie was asking Rodney who he reminded him of and Litos texted '...bigger Nick George...'. Probably the closest comparison.

All I know is (to borrow an over-used comment) he's a grown a$$ man out there & a tough match up. love this class/team.

Yesterday, He flashed just inside the left elbow and hit a 14 ft jump shot to help start that run. Fans will begin to see his full repertoire of moves as he gets more comfortable with the system.

I would like to see a front line combination of Williams, Watkins and Jones one or two times in the near future. You would have to pick your poison with that lineup.