Welcome Mikeal Brown Jones!!

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
I always find whole games to better than spotlight vids

/blowing reverse smoke if you will...
Based on that video, playing against smaller guys
Stayed on his feet more often than not which was good. will not be able to do that against the next level and I’m sure he and coaches know that. If he can do that and and learn when to stand and when to move against taller guys watch out!
Saw some slow to move up the court after an opposing basket. Not bad because that’s how they were playing, he stayed back more the #5 it seemed to me. someone hung back a bit because there were guys on the other team that could move.
Pretty fast at times tho and see lots of upside.
I was watching off the ball and D more than O and I know squat
But I really likes what I saw :)

RamBo

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
When you look at the Dude..... honestly... he looks like a Rhode Island type. Or maybe even St Louis. He looks like a Man! Plenty to work with, with his big frame. I think he will prove to be an excellent addition.

Reactions: RAMification
May 3, 2012
Exactly. Corey Evan's and Adam Finklestein label him a defensive player with no offensive game. He has high basketball IQ. He is very good at measuring his opponent and taking advantage of defensive weakness. He posted up small guys, hits 3's on bigger guys, knows to run the pick and roll extremely, assesses double teams and passes and the right time to the cutter.
Thanks for the breakdown. Appreciate it.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

tuttlecr

Top Member
Jul 6, 2012
Exactly. Corey Evan's and Adam Finklestein label him a defensive player with no offensive game. He has high basketball IQ. He is very good at measuring his opponent and taking advantage of defensive weakness. He posted up small guys, hits 3's on bigger guys, knows to run the pick and roll extremely, assesses double teams and passes and the right time to the cutter.
Strong defensive PF that can step out for a three & facilitate ball movement... sounds good to me.