Welcome Mikeal Brown Jones!!

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Man I feel like he is a Rhode Island type of player. Those are usually ones we do not get but its nice to have a guy with his frame and toughness. Love Silva and Mo but good to see a guy 6'8/6'9 with his frame.
I’d bet 6’8 is most realistic. I agree tho. Kid has some physical maturity to him. He is a post-grad and 19, but that’s still young. He’s gonna get stronger and im sure faster. The guys coming in look promising. All will need to add strength to play their positions in college, but what great peices of clay to mold!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Can any one remember any hs/prep front court player coming into VCU with a more complete?

I cant.

Maybe the kid Murphy who ended up at Minnesota...that's it.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Once he minimizes the freshman mistakes and fouling, a double dose of MBJ and MSS out there together will be deadly for opponents, and we'll be the Broad Street Bullies again. And if Douglas and Ward improve and stay healthy, we'll have so many frontcourt combo options.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I’d bet 6’8 is most realistic. I agree tho. Kid has some physical maturity to him. He is a post-grad and 19, but that’s still young. He’s gonna get stronger and im sure faster. The guys coming in look promising. All will need to add strength to play their positions in college, but what great peices of clay to mold!
He certainly will have the foundation to build both speed and muscle. IMG is as good as you can hope for to develop the foundation for Speed and strength for a high school/post grad player. There is a reason a number of pro athletes in multiple sport use IMG as a training facility

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
He certainly will have the foundation to build both speed and muscle. IMG is as good as you can hope for to develop the foundation for Speed and strength for a high school/post grad player. There is a reason a number of pro athletes in multiple sport use IMG as a training facility
I cant see anyone on next year's roster starting at the 4 position other than jones.

Maybe Vince? that's completely dependent on vince being in shape at the beginning of next season..and that's a big if.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I cant see anyone on next year's roster starting at the 4 position other than jones.

Maybe Vince? that's completely dependent on vince being in shape at the beginning of next season..and that's a big if.
Based on what the roster "could" look like based on what we know today....I think he has a good shot at it

Ace/Tre/Bones
Bones/Banks
Curry/Jarren/Jamir
MBJ/Vince/Corey
MSS/Corey/Hasan (I would put Hasan ahead of Corey but..I don't see MR doing that)

All of this is subject to change based on health and who we add

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Based on what the roster "could" look like based on what we know today....I think he has a good shot at it

Ace/Tre/Bones
Bones/Banks
Curry/Jarren/Jamir
MBJ/Vince/Corey
MSS/Corey/Hasan (I would put Hasan ahead of Corey but..I don't see MR doing that)

I think before we trim the tree, Jamir will have moved aggressively to the left in your array, but otherwise I think this is about right

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015

Ace/Tre/Bones
Bones/Banks
Curry/Jarren/Jamir
MBJ/Vince/Corey

I think before we trim the tree, Jamir will have moved aggressively to the left in your array, but otherwise I think this is about right
I agree Watkins will be a bigger factor, in part because he isn't going to be competing with Jarren and Currys position.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hard to say Vince won’t be a starter. MBJ looks good in high school and post-grad, but he’s yet to set foot in a college game. Vince is most likely a starter next year. He’s looks solid and rough at times. Hopefully he has a healthy offseason and rest of this season

Reactions: mrgeode

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Hard to say Vince won’t be a starter. MBJ looks good in high school and post-grad, but he’s yet to set foot in a college game. Vince is most likely a starter next year. He’s looks solid and rough at times. Hopefully he has a healthy offseason and rest of this season
If Vince has two working arms and MBJ gets the start over him anyway, we are going to be REALLY good.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
That is the big question. Vince has yet to go through a summer due to one injury or another.