Welcome Mikeal Brown Jones!!

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I agree Watkins will be a bigger factor, in part because he isn't going to be competing with Jarren and Currys position.
Hypothetically, you think he plays the "4"? Again my rationale was based on what the roster would look like as of today. I don't expect it to look like that come June 1 honestly and it may look even more different come Sept 1. But based on the make up today, I see more available minutes at the "3" especially if Curry can become more consistent as s shooter and play some "2"

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hypothetically, you think he plays the "4"? Again my rationale was based on what the roster would look like as of today. I don't expect it to look like that come June 1 honestly and it may look even more different come Sept 1. But based on the make up today, I see more available minutes at the "3" especially if Curry can become more consistent as s shooter and play some "2"
I think Watkins will split his time between the 3 and 4. Mcallister will predominantly play the 2 and curry will split his time between the 2 and 3. A lot depends if Ace is ready next year and who we have as PG backups. Also, JBJ could slot into the 5.

Reactions: TampaKAP

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
I think Watkins will split his time between the 3 and 4. Mcallister will predominantly play the 2 and curry will split his time between the 2 and 3. A lot depends if Ace is ready next year and who we have as PG backups. Also, JBJ could slot into the 5.
Interesting, I've always considered Jarren a 3, but now I'm second guessing where he was on the floor in minutes with KeShawn.

Nov 4, 2011
Interesting, I've always considered Jarren a 3, but now I'm second guessing where he was on the floor in minutes with KeShawn.
It's really just position-less basketball at this point. The 2/3 spots are interchangeable. In 90+% of our plays only two people have defined roles and that's who's bringing the ball up the floor and the big. Exciting that we could have four legit bigs and good size on the wings next year. I think people have been wanting frontcourt depth for quite awhile.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
It's really just position-less basketball at this point. The 2/3 spots are interchangeable. In 90+% of our plays only two people have defined roles and that's who's bringing the ball up the floor and the big. Exciting that we could have four legit bigs and good size on the wings next year. I think people have been wanting frontcourt depth for quite awhile.
I agree its position-less to an extent, but I doubt we ever see banks, McAllister, and Curry in at the same time.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
True. The positions in our system are really more about who you can guard than anything else.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Hard to say Vince won’t be a starter. MBJ looks good in high school and post-grad, but he’s yet to set foot in a college game. Vince is most likely a starter next year. He’s looks solid and rough at times. Hopefully he has a healthy offseason and rest of this season
Here's the thing. IMG HS rountinely plays against elite teams with 4 and 5*'s. In 2019, sadeen matched up against Omar Payne, Precious Achiuwa, Scottie Barnes, Balsa Koprikova and alot more...He's played with James-earl Robinson, Armando Bacot, Noah Farrahkan and now Kenyon Martim Jr .

Dude is as college ready as you can get playing HM's and NBA Lottery picks.