Players Welcome the Rams, Tre Clark!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
same place the staff arranged for Corey during transition year.....wonder if there is a small glimmer of hope for Tre to come back next year. All reports were a suspension, those tend to require one or two semesters away (summer counts)...but not permanent 🤞
You do realize that he was expelled from VCU by the university right?

Reactions: Mercury

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
You do realize that he was expelled from VCU by the university right?
Where did it say expelled? I saw suspension. I had several teammates who were asked to leave VCU for a bit to regather themselves. Some academic, some behavioral—it’s not that unusual. If he was indeed expelled.....then I guess there is no hope.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Where did it say expelled? I saw suspension. I had several teammates who were asked to leave VCU for a bit to regather themselves. Some academic, some behavioral—it’s not that unusual. If he was indeed expelled.....then I guess there is no hope.
Well, I like to have hope so I will go with your first post. I don't think it will happen though.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
At the very least you have to assume the staff has a connection with Tallahassee CC from Douglas...and if I’m not mistaken from Toby Veal back in the day....and based on the transitive property of a plus b equals absolutely nothing then you have to assume that maybe the staff greased the skids to get Tre down there...even if it was just a simple vouching that he’s a good kid and talented player.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Given that we have no idea what happened, we have no idea whether the situation is redeemable. It is just possible that Tre works on whatever caused his departure and seeks readmission. On that I agree with PRock. It seems unlikely; on that I agree with AA.

See how agreeable I am?

And yeah, Will, that was my mistake way back when

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
Given that we have no idea why Tre had to leave VCU, it's impossible to guess what this drop to JUCO means for him. If it's grades, maybe he's playing D1 next season. If it's disciplinary, then he might need longer to rehab his image. There's just no telling.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
He went JUCO? He couldv'e sat out a year and be a player for a really good team. He had chemistry with our team and especially Ward, Curry and Nah'Shon. Be interesting to see his path.

---------------------------
GO RAMS
Beat BLUEHAIRS!

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
Given that we have no idea why Tre had to leave VCU, it's impossible to guess what this drop to JUCO means for him. If it's grades, maybe he's playing D1 next season. If it's disciplinary, then he might need longer to rehab his image. There's just no telling.
How could it be grades when you have a tutor working with you and monitoring your grades.

Jan 15, 2020
How could it be grades when you have a tutor working with you and monitoring your grades.
I mean classes are all different. Some classes grade differently so it’s possible his grades if they were bad it didn’t get reflected until later on. I mean some classes only have a couple tests where you pass or fail. Or even worst the ones where it’s graded where if one passes another fails. I remember a class where they told us look left and right and that the people next to you would other fail or make you fail. Needless no one really made any friends in that class. The other possibilities of course are something happened conduct wise and no one found out until they made it to URI. Or something happened in Rhode Island.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
It’s unlikely that this is academic, I think a poster who is very close to the program ($$$), already shared that. It is possible even with all the support and steer towards more friendly classes, but to your point it is rare and often if academics are a problem they are usually on top of that early. It is pretty easy to keep student athletes eligible at least 2 years by making full use of winter/summer break terms, foundational courses and electives. There have been a few guys who have been encouraged to leave due to classroom struggles over the years, but let’s just say there is a negative correlation between playing time and SAs leaving for academic reasons.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
The other possibilities of course are something happened conduct wise and no one found out until they made it to URI. Or something happened in Rhode Island.
To me it's CLEARLY... one of these bolded situations.

I mean, lets think bout it. Whatever happened... it had to be serious enough that he got suspended (while on a road trip at Rhode Island) and then literally the very next day he's out of VCU. So clearly it's not something as simple as failing a test. And if it were his grades from the Fall semester that got him suspended academically... it would not have taken them til the first week in February to suspend him.

On the flip side, it's highly unlikely it was anything criminal... because then people could just look him up in either VA or RI to see if there are/were any arrest warrants out for him... since those are public records. And I've yet to hear anything about there being an arrest warrant or anything out for him.

So whatever it is, it's gotta be somewhere in between.... but whatever it is... it was serious enough to get him immediately suspended right before a game & immediately gone from VCU the very next day.

Could be anything. Maybe he threatened someone, With all this virtual school stuff... maybe he cheated on a test, or someone did his homework for him & they didn't find out til they got up to URI.... Or maybe something happened at Rhode Island. Maybe he got into a verbal altercation with one of the coaches over something. Who knows.

But w/e it was... it had to be something serious enough to get immediately suspended right before a game, and then be gone from VCU the very next day.

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
To me it's CLEARLY... one of these bolded situations.

I mean, lets think bout it. Whatever happened... it had to be serious enough that he got suspended (while on a road trip at Rhode Island) and then literally the very next day he's out of VCU. So clearly it's not something as simple as failing a test. And if it were his grades from the Fall semester that got him suspended academically... it would not have taken them til the first week in February to suspend him.

On the flip side, it's highly unlikely it was anything criminal... because then people could just look him up in either VA or RI to see if there are/were any arrest warrants out for him... since those are public records. And I've yet to hear anything about there being an arrest warrant or anything out for him.

So whatever it is, it's gotta be somewhere in between.... but whatever it is... it was serious enough to get him immediately suspended right before a game & immediately gone from VCU the very next day.

Could be anything. Maybe he threatened someone, With all this virtual school stuff... maybe he cheated on a test, or someone did his homework for him & they didn't find out til they got up to URI.... Or maybe something happened at Rhode Island. Maybe he got into a verbal altercation with one of the coaches over something. Who knows.

But w/e it was... it had to be something serious enough to get immediately suspended right before a game, and then be gone from VCU the very next day.
This is the most likely take I've heard to explain it.