Players Welcome the Rams, Tre Clark!

Jan 15, 2020
To me it's CLEARLY... one of these bolded situations.

I mean, lets think bout it. Whatever happened... it had to be serious enough that he got suspended (while on a road trip at Rhode Island) and then literally the very next day he's out of VCU. So clearly it's not something as simple as failing a test. And if it were his grades from the Fall semester that got him suspended academically... it would not have taken them til the first week in February to suspend him.

On the flip side, it's highly unlikely it was anything criminal... because then people could just look him up in either VA or RI to see if there are/were any arrest warrants out for him... since those are public records. And I've yet to hear anything about there being an arrest warrant or anything out for him.

So whatever it is, it's gotta be somewhere in between.... but whatever it is... it was serious enough to get him immediately suspended right before a game & immediately gone from VCU the very next day.

Could be anything. Maybe he threatened someone, With all this virtual school stuff... maybe he cheated on a test, or someone did his homework for him & they didn't find out til they got up to URI.... Or maybe something happened at Rhode Island. Maybe he got into a verbal altercation with one of the coaches over something. Who knows.

But w/e it was... it had to be something serious enough to get immediately suspended right before a game, and then be gone from VCU the very next day.

Exactly. We’ve had players with bad grades before that just needed extra help. Given how Rhoades is I can’t see him allowing Tre to be chucked off the team for that. Rhoades would fight for any player. If Rhoades knew it was done and stepped aside that tells you it was bad. My grades theory is more hypothetical if it was about grades my only guess would have been they just somehow weren’t aware they were bad. The fact that Rhoades just said the university suspended him and that’s it was a bad sign from the start,

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Let me state unequivocally that I have absolutely no idea what transpired with Tre Clark. I have not asked any of the basketball staff or people in the athletic department, and I don't plan to do so. It's none of my business, and they probably wouldn't tell me at this point anyway. However, there are lots of reasons schools suspend students. Every school has an honor code. Here is VCU's: https://policy.vcu.edu/universitywide-policies/policies/honor-system-and-standards-of-academic-conduct.html

I did not read the entire thing, but for example, a Class-B sanction can get you suspended. We certainly miss Clark on the floor, and I wish him well in the future. Let's move on from this now. He's gone. My focus will be on the kids currently on our roster.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
As this won’t die, those bent on guessing can eliminate certain things from your guessing game

Notice to the Public​

Sanctions and other records related to student conduct processes are part of the educational record of the respondent and are protected from release under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a federal law. However, the University observes the legal exceptions to FERPA, which permit the university to release publicly the student’s name, violation committed, and any sanction imposed if the violation is a “crime of violence” (arson, burglary, robbery, criminal homicide, assault, destruction/damage/vandalism of property, and kidnapping/abduction).

Hopefully, people can let it go but for some strange reason I doubt :cry:

Reactions: artRAMinMN

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
As this won’t die, those bent on guessing can eliminate certain things from your guessing game

Notice to the Public​

Sanctions and other records related to student conduct processes are part of the educational record of the respondent and are protected from release under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a federal law. However, the University observes the legal exceptions to FERPA, which permit the university to release publicly the student’s name, violation committed, and any sanction imposed if the violation is a “crime of violence” (arson, burglary, robbery, criminal homicide, assault, destruction/damage/vandalism of property, and kidnapping/abduction).

Hopefully, people can let it go but for some strange reason I doubt :cry:
That's why I will keep responding: "Good luck, Tre!"

• Love
Reactions: VCU74 and TampaKAP